Kroot, Kroot everywhere! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot, Kroot everywhere!

So I've recently come into A LOT of Kroot including Forge World Knarlocs! Now I know I'd have to use Imperial Armor rules to do this but I'd like to make as Kroot heavy an army as I can legally make.

So here's my plan:

1 Shas'el
    1 Fire Warrior Squad
    (Possibly) 1 Gun Drone Squad

The rest:

Several Carnivore Squads with either Krootox or Kroot hounds
    1 Knarloc Rider Squad
    3 Great Knarlocs
    1 Baggage Knarloc

So you see basically I have the absolute minimum Tau I can field and the rest is Kroot. Now I know this will not be competitive but I don't play in tournaments, I play to have fun. My question is this. Has anyone ever fielded an army like this before and what were your experiences with it?

PS: If I feel like winning a battle I'll use my IG army....that fields no tanks at all. Makes it more interesting that way!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bhollenb View Post
    So I've recently come into A LOT of Kroot including Forge World Knarlocs! Now I know I'd have to use Imperial Armor rules to do this but I'd like to make as Kroot heavy an army as I can legally make.

So here's my plan:

1 Shas'el
    1 Fire Warrior Squad
    (Possibly) 1 Gun Drone Squad

The rest:

Several Carnivore Squads with either Krootox or Kroot hounds
    1 Knarloc Rider Squad
    3 Great Knarlocs
    1 Baggage Knarloc

So you see basically I have the absolute minimum Tau I can field and the rest is Kroot. Now I know this will not be competitive but I don't play in tournaments, I play to have fun. My question is this. Has anyone ever fielded an army like this before and what were your experiences with it?

PS: If I feel like winning a battle I'll use my IG army....that fields no tanks at all. Makes it more interesting that way!
    Keep in mind that you can always use the counts as rule to use your kroot in other positions. Such as modeling a few "sniper" kroot to use as sniper drones. You could even make some kroot with more armor and pulse rifles to be your fire warriors. Just a thought to keep your theme when you hit your compulsery units.

That is really cool though that you got so much stuff. Also, you may want to look into the kroot mercenary lists. While it usually is not legal for tournaments I doubt any one would begrudge you using it to play for fun.
    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

If you want a Kroot theme to the rest of your army then I suggest you check out Hive Fleet Moloch. There are a lot of cool conversions, my favourites are the Knarloc Crisis suits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp_slug View Post
    If you want a Kroot theme to the rest of your army then I suggest you check out Hive Fleet Moloch. There are a lot of cool conversions, my favourites are the Knarloc Crisis suits.
    I had seen some of this before. This guys conversions and painting are awesome. One day ... oh yes one day mine will be as good!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

just a suggestion, dont take krootox.

this seems pretty cool otherwise
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterdude3 View Post
    just a suggestion, dont take krootox.

this seems pretty cool otherwise
    But seeing as he is wanting an all kroot army a few krootox are actually a good light armor ... and the only high strength weapon they have.

+ Reply to Thread