Need help making Army please. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Need help making Army please.

Hi all. I am having trouble trying to decide on how to form my Army. I would really prefer it to be fast and with good melee. I just cant seem to decide what to buy to bring my Army up to what I want. Here is what I currently have:

a - 1 Autarch w/ wings
    b - 2 Guardian squads x 10 men w/weapon platform
    c - 2 Dire Avenger Squads x 5 men w/exarchs
    d - 2 Howling Banshees Squads x 6 men w/exarchs
    e - 2 War Walkers
    f - 2 Wave Serpents
    g - 1 Fire Prism
    h - 1 Wraithlord
    i - 1 Avatar

The ones listed b, c, e, and, f are from 2 different Battleforce sets I purchased. I painted them my own scheme, so I dont have a "chosen" Craftworld. I am looking for pointers on how to best make this Army fast with good melee attacks and some heavy support also. I really enjoy melee armies more than shooty, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated. If you dont want to post here, you can just email me at and I will get back to you on that. Let me know what I should purchase (if I need to) to get this Army rolling, I am in Iraq right now and buying stuff and getting it sent to my wife to put together and paint for when I come home.

Thanks all.

I forgot to mention, I am looking to make it 1500 points. Thats usually what we play with, but other times we play Apocolypse and use as many points as we can field. So any and all suggestions are appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

thats cool my freind is training for the army right now if you ever meet a blake allison say hi for me ( nigel boyette) anyway here is a list that i think you will like....

HQ: Avatar

farseer with fortune, doom and spirit stones 130p
    9 warlocks with enhance and embolden 245p
    waveserpent with shurken cannons and spirit stones 110p

Troops: 10 dire avengers exarch with dual cats, bladestorm 152p
    waveserpent with EML and spirit stones 125p

10 gaurdians with shurken cannon 85p

10 gaurdians with shurken cannon 85p

Elites: 10 howling banshees exarch has acrobat and exocutioner 187p
    waveserpent with EML and spirit stones 125p

Heavy support: 1 wraithlord with wraithsword 100p

Total 1499

i dont know your exact preferance with heavy weapons but this list is pretty mobile with some stay back and guard the fort troops as well, avatar makes them fearless and gives them someCC support, seer councils are also awsome CC units that kill tanks and infantry alike and have high survivability!

Hope my advice helps and good luck!!!1

+ Reply to Thread