I'm a HUGE n00b at Tyranids and I need help... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a HUGE n00b at Tyranids and I need help...

Basically my brother collects space marines and has come up with a huge pwn army list, i asked what it was but gave me a rant about its just a mecha list and i should make a balanced competitive army but i want to beat him and beating others is a bonus help anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since glancing and rending were nerfed, Tyranids have a hard time against vehicles.

About the only reliable way we can kill them is with monsterous creatures in CC, but they dont always make it there.
    Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Hang in there though... 'Nids are getting a new codex soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your wanting an army now then i suggest to get the chaos ( they are like Crazy marines with demons 2 help them ) ( there are drawbacks though )

but if you really want the nids wait about 5 or more weeks the new battle force and codex are coming out !! ( like we keep saying ) i think the nerfing will be fixed by then.

by the way- umm it doesnt matter what your brother says Marines ( unless your totally new ) are easily invincible ( unless fighitng other marines ) i mean they have beenso ubered up its annoying ( i maybe going a little over the top )
    If there was ever a Fleet to be Afraid of...
    Hive fleet Dread Walker is it...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Erm coney... What? Marines are far from invincible, genestealers rip them appart and provided you dont do anything stupid witrh them, MCs do a very good job as well. Granted there are a lot of effective builds, but they certainy arnt invincible.

As for the OP, joebloggs is very right, but there are other ways to pop vehicles, they just arnt nearly as reliable.

currently my 3 main vehicle poppers are:

1 boom fexs, whilst theyre a bit haphazard with aiming, if they can hit, theyre your best bit to actually blow up the thing.

2. Ive taken to using S6 deathspitter warriors. Again a bit scatter reliant, but lots of shots to back it up.

3. S4 hormaguants. These guys get most of my tank kills. use their speed and S4 to qickly neutralise a vehicle before it does too much hurt. prime targets for these are vindicators, predators, whirlwinds, basically anything with 1 big gun and rear armour 10. theyre also your best anti way to keep up with land speeders.

Hope thats useful
    Last edited by Heirodule; November 29th, 2009 at 19:14.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, those templates are just a MUST HAVE.
    mostly because the range and they hit a lot.

I mostly play agains necron so the blast from the carnifex isn't half as good as it wil be against another race.

if you konow that he wil bring a lot of good armoured tanks I would go for the blasts.
    if he's going to use lots of infantery, I would use a dakkafex.

by the way.
    if you can take three zoanthropes with warp blast, that ould work too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I'd say wait for just the little 2 months we have left and then You'll have acces to a brand new codex adn more new options in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ heirodule, like i said i was probably going over the top ( and i didnt mean just in CC because the genestealers are nothing if they are around for the marines firing phase ) but you are right the tau are very good against them and so are some other armies i am just tired of marines ( almost every body plays them at our hobby store it gets repetitive ) o well
    If there was ever a Fleet to be Afraid of...
    Hive fleet Dread Walker is it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well for Space Marine Tanks what works for me is my Flyrant (Scything Talon x2, Warp Field, Toxin Sac and Winged)

That or a Melee Fex with Gaunts leading the charge so the Fex gets a 4+ cover Save from the Gaunts.

But The Flyrant will usually take out anything but a AV 14

As for Space Marine you can grab some stealer's and use the Outflank rule to sneak up behind them other then that Good hunting :9

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Monstruous creatures cannot gain cover saves from guants, as they dont obscure 50% of the model. As for more anti marine help, could you post what you have or your brother will be using.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast