Tips on converting Destroyers to Heavies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

Tips on converting Destroyers to Heavies?

So I'm looking to convert some normal destroyers into to heavies, while making them also usable as normal destroyers. I've come up with some ideas, but really interested in yours too!

1) Easiest to implement, least destructive. My buddy suggested adding a half tube over the gauss chamber of the gauss cannon. Then from the tube have protruding gauss rods (kinda like spikes but capped short rods) to show kind of a hyper charged cannon. I could easily pin this, magnatize it, or just use temp putty with use...The idea is sound, becomes less bulky (HD's), and would be easy to change back and forth.

2) My first idea was to just use flayer tips (have extras) and just extend the tip of a normal gauss cannon. Then place a magnet on the ends and basically have a magnatized extended tip that would allow me to field it as a destroyer OR Heavy Destroyer.

Thoughts? Also, what are you ideas, seen any good posts, PICS I'd love to see...

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

If you have spare arms you could build heavy Destroyer arms with plasticard and pin them on unglued,then just swap as needed.

+ Reply to Thread