Its been a while - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been a while

i'm playing my first game in some time this weekend.....real life has really got in the way of me and my group of gamers this past year......i think our last game was over a year ago.

I'm gonna reread 5th edition this week since I'm pretty rusty and only played about 3 games with it after it first came out.

I've been rumageing through all the stuff on here since 5th ed came out and i just wanted to put my head up over the parapet and say thanks for all the hardwork cause it should help me hit the ground running!

I'll let you know how I get on!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex View Post
    i'm playing my first game in some time this weekend.....real life has really got in the way of me and my group of gamers this past year......i think our last game was over a year ago.

I'm gonna reread 5th edition this week since I'm pretty rusty and only played about 3 games with it after it first came out.

I've been rumageing through all the stuff on here since 5th ed came out and i just wanted to put my head up over the parapet and say thanks for all the hardwork cause it should help me hit the ground running!

I'll let you know how I get on!!
    Good to have you back on the forum me old son. I know exactly what you mean when you say real life gets in the way. My gaming has reduced quite drastically over the last 6 or 7 months due to work and family commitments as has my posting on this fine forum. Things are looking up now and I am starting to get more games but real life does intrude.

Hope all the guides help you and I would recommend reading most of number6's and my 'conversations' and 'debates' especially the number6/Rikimaru challenge as they have really opened up some interesting tactical and list building debates (and number6 does know his stuff).

Stick around even if you don't get many games.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Good hunting!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

due to us all not seeing each other for a while and the need to consume a pre battle curry we only got 3 rounds in!

1000 points of tau and 1000 points of Eldar vs 2000 points of marines (ultra's and Dark Angles).

due to heavy terrain of our new city fight board line of site was limited and cover saves were plentyful. I was also shocked at how easy it is to take down skimmers (land speeders) when my firewarriors who had gone static in a building and shot out to max range and brought one down.....they started as footsloggers as i was planning on them using the pathfinders devilfish but never got around to it!

I tried to use the new fad of XV8's with TL flamers so i used 3 but added a drone controller with 2 gun drones to each for some punch! didn't work out that way as my eye seems out when trying to tell how far away that squad of assualt teermies are!!

anyway all in all we had a great night and so I expect to play a few more games of 5th in the coming weeks!

new board we used......only 5 foot by 3 foot but more tiles on the way!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Awesome game board!

Sorry for the short post but besides from that, and have fun playing again no clue what to write !
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Ignis;1606356]Awesome game board![QUOTE]

thanks mate. it was the first time I had seen it all together in one place and it really was awe inspiring!

Its made me want to knuckle down and finish painting my Tau!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex View Post
    [

thanks mate. it was the first time I had seen it all together in one place and it really was awe inspiring!

Its made me want to knuckle down and finish painting my Tau!
    If you want to use twin linked Flamers you need to pair them with a Missile pod, this really gives the suit some versitility though it does make em a touch more costly. I use the TL Flamer/MP combo and it works very very well. So lose the Drones and take MP's.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Taking a pair of Gun Drones on each XV8 also drops the Toughness level for the squad because the GDs will outnumber the XV8s (initially anyway), so it is definitely a better plan to take some long range firepower as Riki mentioned.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i had totally forgot about that when I was doing my list. had a bit of a homer moment when I realised!! DOH!!

i was just a bit to much of an eager beaver to try twin linked flamers and totally under estimated the distance of the termies.....although they didn't last much longer than that turn as the combined force of tau shooting and a howling banshee assualt took them down next turn!

+ Reply to Thread