Inside a tyranid hive ship - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Inside a tyranid hive ship

I created this diorama for SWC's winter MOTM competition. The comp was to create a scene from a book.

My entry is from Let the galaxy burn Page 102. I chose the story 'In the belly of the beast' by William King. Its about a squad of space wolves infiltrating a tyranid hive ship. Heres the excerpt that my model/diorama is based on.

'....Sergeant Hakon was the next to die.The thing uncoiling from the air-vent got him. A four armed, fanged and clawed horror with hypnotic eyes tore his head off before he could even swing is chainsword.
    Egil didnt wait for his turn. He launched himself at it....'

And heres the pics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Wow!! That is just flat out Frickin' AWESOME!!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

i noticed one thing. why isn't the helemt crushed? the claws of the genestealer would crush the helemt, because the genestealer wouldn't be able to pull the marines head off, because he would pull the helmet off if he was lucky enough to lift up the marine hard enoug. whcih i doubt ould happen. But the whole diorama looks good!
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

On the contrary Antique, its perfectly reasonable for a genestealer to decapitate a marine without cushing its skull, those tallons are razor sharp, they have no problem slicing through neck grisle and plating to remove the head in one go. With the neck severed, simply lift and look awsome!

As for the diorama, that is an absolutly stunning peice of work that definatly deserves rep, fantastic job.

I would like to know though, how is the wolf suspended, i cant see any attachments apart for a leg join that dosnt look strong enough.
    Last edited by Heirodule; December 19th, 2009 at 20:03.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

Thanks guys, The head was probably removed exactly as Heirodule said, thats my story and im sticking to it! If you look at the last picture, there is a metal rod going into the wolfs waist from the wall, I painted it the same as the wall so it looked camoflauged. Guess it worked!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That's cool. The work on the Space wolves is good. I think that it captures the confined nature of a Bio-ship very well. The gooeyness works well to make a contrast between the Space marines and the Tyrands, Genestealer.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

it's just the way the stealer is holding the melmet, is looks as if the stealer swiped at the helemt and plopped his head of his body which isn't possible to do without a scratch or dent in the helmet. i am very picky with attention to detail i am afraid.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    it's just the way the stealer is holding the melmet, is looks as if the stealer swiped at the helemt and plopped his head of his body which isn't possible to do without a scratch or dent in the helmet. i am very picky with attention to detail i am afraid.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    A good point. Perhaps flesh of the severed neck could be seen to drip/dangle from the helmet. This would imply the head is still inside the helmet because I can't see it on the floor anywhere.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Antique, daft as this may seem, ive just spent the last 5 minutes working out how i could sever my neck with 3 fingers without crushing my head, and i think ive done it.

Basically using your Index, middle finger and thumb as tallons, clamp the thumb on one side and the fingers on the other. Squeeze together to sever, then rotate your wrist so the fingers move to the top of your head.

Does that work for you?

And Leech, i like that, might have to use that on a similar model.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Or you can use the simpler explanation of the stealer grabbing the head with one arm and tearing out the neck with its other arm.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast