Who's redy fer sergery? Post your conversions! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's redy fer sergery? Post your conversions!

Well, due to a huge nor'easter, I'm stuck indoors with not much to do. Last night I was up until the wee hours of the morning finishing up some new units for some small 750 games that I was supposed to play in preparation for a combat patrol tournament coming up in January. With that out the window, I've continued working on models and catching up on the forum. Anyways, after assembling some new figures, I figured I'd share some of my conversions with my fellow Ork players. I know I've definitely gotten more than my fair share of ideas, both game play wise, and miniature conversion-wise from this forum that I figured I'd give back. Please feel free to post up what you've been working on lately (or finished). I noticed that the last big 'post your conversions' topic on this forum was started the middle of last year and hasn't been touched since July of this year so I figured I'd start a new thread.

Anyways, here goes:

My Flash Gitz. Fairly easy conversions utilizing the AoBR and multipose nobz as well as bitz from various boxes. The nob on the left has the Mek's head with the giant 'eye'. All have ammo backpacks and/or holstered guns and grenades as well as bosspoles to flaunt their wealth and carry all their gear. Some of the guns were either partially modified or completely constructed out of shootas and various other 'shooty' bits that I had laying around.

The rest of the mob. For the figure on the right, I used part of a flamer on the top of gun with a hose/wire running into his skull to represent a hard wired targeting system. All the rest of the nobz have either 'cybork' heads or something with an artificial eye for their 'gitfindas.'

Mad Dok Grotsnik. Not a huge fan of the model and didn't want to spend a bunch of money on him so I made my own after I found a weird OOP metal gun (most likely of Ork origin) floating around in my bitz box. Used the mek body, head and backpack. I cut off the pipe wrench and glued on some of the 'spikey' bits that I had cut off from the rotors from my Deffkoptas to act as bonesaws (not that he has any free hands to use them...). I cut the handle off the gun and glued it to an outstretched arm that had it's weapon and hand removed.

Deffkoptas w/ TL Big Shootas. Cut out the rokkits (to be used later), did some filing and smoothing, and then glued in barrels from new and oop shootas and sluggas. It took a lot longer than you would think, but it's nicer than proxying big shootas for rokkits, especially, if you rarely use the rokkits (as Grax recommends).

Warboss w/ choppa and slugga. Easy conversion and most people probably have a spare warboss laying around if they bought another copy of AoBR to get some more boyz and koptas. Chopped off the arms and put nob arms on him and then gave him some extra shoulder pads to flesh him out and make him a little larger. A nice option if you want a cheap but tough HQ.

Rokkit Buggy
    Ripped off the multi-melta that I used to have on it (that was being used as a Skorcha) and used the TL Rokkit launcha from a Kan (which now have kustom mega blastas). I had to remove some material on the swivel mount to allow the rokkits to lay parallel with the ground. The gunner's hands aren't grasping anything, but it will do for now...

Kommando Nob and Nob w/ PK. My Blood Axe commando with a 'stealthy' ninja hood from the Burna box set and PK. Has an ammo backpack along with some grenades and and a holstered pistol/shotgun to allow him to survive on long scoutin' mishuns ahead of da rest of da boyz. I used the PK from the AoBR warboss on one of my nobz. If you have PKs from the boyz boxes but don't have any of the nobz boxes, it's an easy arm swap. No need to buy the Nobz box unless you want shootas/snazzguns or some different poses.

Tankhammers. I already had a bunch of kustom Orks with Rokkit launchas that I had converted under the old rules for Lootas but I wanted some tankhammers to go with them. I took some slugga boyz, chopped off most of the axe blade, and then glued rokkits onto them. The rokkit on the left was a complete rokkit, the one on the left I took the head from a chopped off Deffkopta rokkit and glued it to the body of a shoota. Didn't take too long and they look pretty good I think. I had done the arm conversions on the guy swinging quite a while ago - he had been armed with a nice big choppa. It did require some cutting and some green stuff to fill some gaps.

As you can see, most of these are pretty easy conversion that allowed me to save a bunch of money and have some unique models without spending a ton of time or purchasing bits online to complete the conversion. Based on some stuff that I've seen here on these forums, I'm going to be making a custom Deff Dred utilizing a spare AoBR SM Dreadnaught, some extra Meganobz (you can never have too many) using some parts from the AoBR Terminators and some Nobz, and some Fiends of Slaneesh with some BfSP Spider Riders with Daemonette torsos...

Now, let's see what you've been working on this winter! Post away...

Last edited by flesh_pile; December 21st, 2009 at 01:46. Reason: Fixed image issue (hopefully...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my work from last night. I took my AoBR dreadnought and hacked the sarcophagus out (with a Dremel tool, using a modeling knife is just asking for an nasty cut) and stuck the Ork gunner from the battlewagon inside. Other spart parts from my battlewagon that I used were the big shoota on the right arm peering through the large ork face glyph eye socket as well as the grabba claw mounted on top of the arm. I plan on strapping an ammo grot backpack onto the back of that arm to help feed the ammo and count as a grot rigger if I so equip the Dred that way. For the left arm, I used one of the CSM dreadnaught CCWs and chopped off the ends which I attached ork chainswords to. The skorcha will be mounted somewhere on that arm as well along with some sort of fuel tank, perhaps from a burna boy model. Finally, I'm going to add some more glyph plates to him and stick some banner poles and head trophy spikes on top. I was thinking of adding chainsaw 'scythes' to the sides of his legs, but the CSM CCW gets in the way unless I tip it up at a ridiculous angle - it's already angled up a bit as it is. I used a radiator and exhaust pipe from a warbuggy to modify the rear of the Deff Dred (added bonus: the warbuggy looks fine without the radiator).

I'm working on converting a Ghazghkull model as well as I hate the current model and he's quite expensive. He's going to take a bit longer as I have to use some polystyrene and green stuff to model on some additions. Hopefully I'll get some pics out sometime early this week...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

That's a sick dread! The left arm still looks a bit much of the Chaos dread, but then again Chaos stole their name from us

I approve!!! (That and $0.75 will get you a cup of coffee..)
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Fantastic conversion! Wish i still had that dread to convert, but your's looks great with the chainblades!

Nice to see someone else uses Multimeltas for heavy flamers as well :p
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flesh awesome conversions! Give me a little more time and maybe i'll be able to post some nice Orky conversions up here but until i get my main army together idk how much converting im going to be doing

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I really do love the shootas on the deffcoptas cos instead of the classic big shoota style the pistols actually do look pretty damn neat on there. I also like how easy it seems to make flawless tankbustas as I've wanted to do this for quite some time. Make sure they got plenty of looted tank parts on em though.

+ Reply to Thread