Scratch-build battlewagon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratch-build battlewagon

Hey guys,
    I'm gonna build me a battlewagon from scratch but I don't own an actual model so I don't know it's dimensions. Could someone with the actual model please post the dimensions of the thing? You know 4" wide, 7" long and 4.5" high or something. Thanks.

The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Why not buy a model monster truck and convert it with ork crap?.
    Eradicating chav scum since 2005!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

IKt's an orky vehicle, it doesn't need to be accurate, just look right.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ArtificiallyEnhanced, but either way, I shall provide your numbers. As you've probably heard, it's not much bigger than a Trukk, but it's 14.5" long, 9" Wide, and 7" high (open-topped model shown on Games Workshop without guns). The wheels/trakks are 3.5" high.

Hope it helps, and I can't wait to see your Battlewagon! If you need any more stuff, then just ask and you shall recieve.

The Flubby Master

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Wha? Are you joking around Flubby Master? It's nowhere near that large. It's actually more or less the same dimensions of a trukk, only a bit higher, with an enclosed front compartment, and a lot more front armor. Overall, it looks like a Mac Truck.

The measurements are about 6.5in long (about the same as a land raider), about 4in wide (an inch wider than a trukk), and height depends on how you equip it, but it's fairly high for a 40k vehicle, about 5in.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flubby_baby View Post
    I agree with ArtificiallyEnhanced, but either way, I shall provide your numbers. As you've probably heard, it's not much bigger than a Trukk, but it's 14.5" long, 9" Wide, and 7" high (open-topped model shown on Games Workshop without guns). The wheels/trakks are 3.5" high.

Hope it helps, and I can't wait to see your Battlewagon! If you need any more stuff, then just ask and you shall recieve.

The Flubby Master
    Thanks, offcourse it's gonna be orky! But I just wanted some base line measurements to get an idea off the size. Your sizes seem rather odd though.. are you talking in CM? Cause I can see that being around the right size.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post
    Wha? Are you joking around Flubby Master? It's nowhere near that large. It's actually more or less the same dimensions of a trukk, only a bit higher, with an enclosed front compartment, and a lot more front armor. Overall, it looks like a Mac Truck.

The measurements are about 6.5in long (about the same as a land raider), about 4in wide (an inch wider than a trukk), and height depends on how you equip it, but it's fairly high for a 40k vehicle, about 5in.
    Yeah I figured it was smaller then 14" (WTF!!). I'll go with something like these.

I recently started playing with Orks (played with eldar before, orks are a nice change) and I got a lot of ork model rather cheaply. I've got around 80 ork models (some fantasy though) a trukk, two old (rather tiny) trukks, some 20 gretchins, 5 nobz, 5 old flashgitz (rather small, will use them as lootas) 3 deffkopta's, a warboss and a bunch of parts and some missceleanious models for 100 euro's. I don't have lots of money so I decided to pretty much convert everything myself or scratch build it.
    I figured, what better army then orks to throw together some leftover bitz and call it a vehicle/gun!
    The Morbidos Fleet will reclaim the Eldar empire. This time there shall be no mercy. Let them choke in their own blood!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I seem to have gone insane... My measurements were in cm, not inches. It's about 3" tall for the base model, 6" long and 3.5" wide. Sorry...

Please don't kill me, I've had hardly any sleep this week (parties and holidays).

The Flubby Master

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than start a new thread, i will hijack this one instead.

What are the length/width/height dimensions of a Trukk?

Cheers.
    Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading for the win

quote by post above

It's actually more or less the same dimensions of a trukk,
    The measurements are about 6.5in long
    about 4in wide (an inch wider than a trukk), making the trukk 3"
    and height about 5in.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by magicarnold; January 3rd, 2010 at 15:25.
    "The rhythm isn't a call to arms, but a signal that the Goblins have made a new enemy" - Elvish Observer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trukk is actually about 5.5" long, 2.5" wide (at the back, the front is 2" wide) and the height is 2" (without the boarding planks). Double-checked to make sure it's inches, not cm...

Well, that's what my trukk is, anyway.

The Flubby Baby

+ Reply to Thread