Guide/Doom question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide/Doom question

I plan on running a Farseer with Guide and Doom (and spirit stones) with a 10 man unit of Dire Avengers. I also wanna place this unit in a Wave Serpent.
    My question is, if I move the Serpent 12", pop them out, can I still cast Guide/Doom? I noticed the codex says specifically that they're used at the start of the Eldar turn. Is there a way around this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Nope, but you can move the Wave Serpent after you have cast the power and then shoot something into oblivion. Note that you can only cast Guide on a unit in a transport if the Farseer is in the same transport, Doom can however be cast out of the transport since it does not require Line of Sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So at the start of my turn, I Doom the unit I'm going to, Guide the passengers in the WS. Move the WS, disembark and I'm all set?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Yes you can do that, but you can guide the tank the farseer is in too. So if he is in the falcon you can guide it and shoot all 3 weapons as twin linked.

But all powers must be cast at the beginning of the eldar turn..before movement.. except mindwar and eldritch storm.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread