Dual boneswords for tyrant? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual boneswords for tyrant?

Reading through the available "codex" I see that Hive Tyrant does not have an option for dual boneswords.
    Swarmlords come with a lot of them, but thats the swarmlord, not the tyrant.

A warrior can have 2 boneswords but a Tyrant cannot?
    Or have I misunderstood the something?

Point: I dont understand German, and the translations available are, well, translations so they might have missed something.

Last edited by Zarathustra; January 5th, 2010 at 09:10.
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Nope. tyrants cannot have a pair of boneswords. Pity, because I think it would have been better for them then a bonesword and a lash whip.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

As far as I know, the only things with 2+ Boneswords are the Swarmlord and all Warriors. And the Swarmlord is too expensive IMHO.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Hmm, yeah. Swarmlord is a great conversion project, but not really worth playing...

I don't know why you'd want the dual swords on the HT anyways... I'd rather give him dual st's at least that gives him and advantage against everything, and he'll be fighting everything...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont actually plan to field the tyrant atm, but I might. For character hunting dual boneswords would work rather well and generally better then the injector.
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Just out of principle I'll be fielding a Flyrant. They look awesome their stats look nice and I'm going to love playing with it. At least I can keep it alive a bit longer due to the Tyrant Guard which are expensive but at least make sure it can arrive and squish stuff.

I think the dual talons will do just fine, not going to buy the injectors for it. But I'll probably be sending it into other units rather than caracters... I wanted to build the dakkaflyrant, but it becomes about 305 points which is slightly to my IMHO, the 275 for how I'd field it now is about the max I'm willing to spend on it. (Since the TG will do just fine if they survive long enough)
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

What!?! You mean the HT can't get 2 BS's? I think he just got boned there. Seriously, I'd rather give him 2 scytals, the poison upgrade and a couple of tyrant guards and have them tear sh*t up.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    What!?! You mean the HT can't get 2 BS's? I think he just got boned there. Seriously, I'd rather give him 2 scytals, the poison upgrade and a couple of tyrant guards and have them tear sh*t up.
    Hehe, agreed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

I myself would rather play Tyrants with Bonesword, Lash Whip, and a Heavy Venom Cannon. He'll have to walk places, but he'll be shooting in the meantime. Flyrants are just so damn expensive right now.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    I myself would rather play Tyrants with Bonesword, Lash Whip, and a Heavy Venom Cannon. He'll have to walk places, but he'll be shooting in the meantime. Flyrants are just so damn expensive right now.
    I look at the cost this way... it is the same as providing a unit with a transport option, and the flying double-ST tyrant with be cleaning out whole units.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast