Flechette Discharger of DOOM!!!? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flechette Discharger of DOOM!!!?

Riddle me this...

5 Piranhas
    all with Flechette Dischargers.
    move flat out in front of a 30 strong squad of Ork Boyz...
    Boyz assault...
    30 models attacking 5 vehicles, each vehicle's flechette discharge reacts...

so I am thinking... 30 boyz (assuming they all get into range) would be 150 dice, wounding on 4+ ?!?!
    I've read it a couple of times and I can't seem to find anything to say "Hey, you can't do that!" ?
    seems a tad overkill no? illegal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

It's legal, but why on earth would the boyz assault?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because they're right in their face? Yeah, standard boyz wouldn't be assaulting vehicles unless they had the equipment to get the job done nice and proper. It's a nice thought though.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Orks often have to assault vehicles to remove them. Once we Tau eliminate their Loota threat, the vast majority of Ork armies rely on power klaws to krump vehicles. Flechettes are a great discouragement for that.

And let's not forget the new Tyranids. While their shooting has drastically improved, many of them will still want to assault to eliminate armour. When you can wipe out gribblies by the dozen and put wounds on MCs making the attempt, flechettes are looking better all the time.

They have become de rigeur upgrades on my vehicles. Just like disruption pods.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Orks often have to assault vehicles to remove them. Once we Tau eliminate their Loota threat, the vast majority of Ork armies rely on power klaws to krump vehicles. Flechettes are a great discouragement for that.

And let's not forget the new Tyranids. While their shooting has drastically improved, many of them will still want to assault to eliminate armour. When you can wipe out gribblies by the dozen and put wounds on MCs making the attempt, flechettes are looking better all the time.

They have become de rigeur upgrades on my vehicles. Just like disruption pods.
    Believe me when the new Nids come out you better have Flechettes and Mech up like crazy because anything other than the XV's, Kroot and Hounds on foot will be eaten alive. If the codex is as good as it appears it is going to be the XV88 may well be an endangered species as far as facing Nids goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if Mad Doc is in the unit, they HAVE to assault it... if the Ork player doesn't know about it... he would!! if there's 5 skimmers BLOCKING your Boyz, you want it DEAD! ...but they Boyz can't possibly survive that!! lol And its 1D6 for every model in combat with the vehicle... so you're lookin at a 350 point unit, but some hilarious results imo. the Boyz can't go AROUND it.... go thru it, lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetster View Post
    Well, if Mad Doc is in the unit, they HAVE to assault it... if the Ork player doesn't know about it... he would!! if there's 5 skimmers BLOCKING your Boyz, you want it DEAD! ...but they Boyz can't possibly survive that!! lol And its 1D6 for every model in combat with the vehicle... so you're lookin at a 350 point unit, but some hilarious results imo. the Boyz can't go AROUND it.... go thru it, lol
    Then again it is around 350pts for a unit with all the disadvantages of a sqaudron. Not to mention the financial cost of buying the models. Big sqaudrons are unwieldly and not worth the cost to take them.

+ Reply to Thread