Representing the Tervigon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Representing the Tervigon

Seeing as there is currently no model for the Tervigon, I was actually contemplating getting a pair of Malanthropes from Forgeworld. The sacks on it's side and hole in its chest give it a suitable appearance in my opinion.

So anyway, got an comments or suggestions? If you've converted your own or have ideas just post them here, maybe we can get a list going or something.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    Seeing as there is currently no model for the Tervigon, I was actually contemplating getting a pair of Malanthropes from Forgeworld. The sacks on it's side and hole in its chest give it a suitable appearance in my opinion.

So anyway, got an comments or suggestions? If you've converted your own or have ideas just post them here, maybe we can get a list going or something.
    Note I have no idea how the Tervigon is supposed to look like, but here are some ideas:
    -A carnifex, modify the crushing claws so they look less like claws and more like a tunnel from where Termagaunts can come out. Maybe even show it spawning Termas. Forgeworld Wrecker claws would look great here. The plus of this idea is you can use all those Carnifexes you'll have lying around from the old Nidzilla lists.
    -The Malanthrope, but without the Tail. Instead, well, the Teramagaunts need a hole to come out of. Just make it scurry along with it's tiny legs. The tail, BTW, would work great as part of a Spore conversion project.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I'll probably try something like this:

Space out the carni carapace, about an inch. Convert 2 cc's into one crabclawleg. Lose the Carni tail and make a tiny crablike tail... And make some nice exit hole with partially sticking out termagants...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

Malanthropes would work just fine, but that's a pretty expensive solution. Great if you have the cash. Plus you have Malanthropes if you ever want to field them.

I've seen many early mods with a base carnifex model and greenstuff/gaunts added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x3)

Pending a good look at the pictures, I am considering modifying a carnifex body you that is has a large egg-sack with termagaunts poking out. Will probably use the 120mm oval base for the model. I may take one of the extra trygon/mawloc heads from the boxsets and combine with some extra warrior crests to make the head and finish off the body with the spikes from the carnifex/MC sprues.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Torden View Post
    Pending a good look at the pictures, I am considering modifying a carnifex body you that is has a large egg-sack with termagaunts poking out. Will probably use the 120mm oval base for the model. I may take one of the extra trygon/mawloc heads from the boxsets and combine with some extra warrior crests to make the head and finish off the body with the spikes from the carnifex/MC sprues.
    Note that the Trygon/Mawloc comes with a single head, and several jaws. At least I think it does.
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

3 Different top heads, 3 different pincers and I'm not sure how many jaws.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    Note that the Trygon/Mawloc comes with a single head, and several jaws. At least I think it does.
    And a carnifex comes with 5 or so heads to mount the other bit on to! With the mawloc/trygon crest being longer, that means it will be perfect to overlap and meld into the carnifex carapace.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

On that note, I may have an or two idea for Harpies.

-First idea: Carnosaur with Wings, bits and pieces from Trygons or Carnifexes, plus weapons. This is a good idea if you plan on getting a Trygon anyways or already have carnifexes, and don't mind spending a bit of cash on the Carnosaur.
    -Second idea: Lictor or Deathleaper, with the Scything Talons converted to wings adding some membranes and reposing, plus the weapons. This is a cheaper option, but it won't look as cool IMHO.
    Last edited by Lemt; January 7th, 2010 at 17:29.
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Could work, I'm currently working on 2 harpy's base on the current and the former HT models. Making them bigger adding awesome wing and other biomorphs. Not that sure about adding dino's to the nids army, but that's just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast