Insane Tau army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Insane Tau army.

Okay so today I walked in to my LGS and I see these two guys having a huge 3500 point battle. One of the players was playing Tau but with the weirdest list I'd ever seen. I consisted of 15 piranhas, 12 FWs with a Devil fish X6, 3 squads of suits with 3 guys each, one TL flamer squad, one death rain squad and one burning eye squad. 3 Railheads and a HQ and a body guard with TL fusion blasters.

Unfortunately I had to go during turn 3 but I looked like he was doing well up until then.

Has any one ever seen a list like this? and was it effective?

Previously Kororizon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

It's almost exactly a scaled up version of the list I plan on using when I start my own Tau army, other then some changes in suit wargear. It's actually kinda nice to hear that it'll work out ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

I have to say, it looked pretty impressive. By the second turn the piranhas had speed up to the front lines and killed an entire terminator squad and a bunch of tactical marines >8D.
    Previously Kororizon

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

The local Tau player I picked up a lot of my own tactical approaches from used to use a list based on 3x Broadsides for heavy support and as many as 1x 2 Piranhas + 2x 3 Piranhas for Fast Attack. (And back in 4th edition, I saw an Adepticon Gladiator Tau player with 15 Piranhas!) When you get that many little fish swimming around the field, they are really really effective. Surround a tank, blow it up, and there's nowhere for the guys to go. (And if it's just a wreck, there's usually no spot to disembark so the troops just die!) Or just wall off huge sections of the battlefield.

It's target saturation for the opponent. Not too difficult to remove a piranha or two, but very difficult to remove that many fast enough to make a difference. Meanwhile, the BASS are raining death from range. Not to mention the crisis suits and devilfish also present. So many shots aren't even going for the piranhas, which is great! Also great if shots ARE going to the piranhas! Your other elements are totally free.

You can make it work, I think. And as much as I love the piranha, I don't love them that much!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread