Converting Falcons...Easy? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting Falcons...Easy?

It seems with the new edition being what it is GW's lazyness with their tanks is paying off at last. I have had 2 Falcons sitting around and now that I'm thinking of playing Eldar they will not remain Falcons for long. My question is whether anyone has had any actual experiance turning these things into Wavesepeants or found anything on the internet to that effect. I really don't mind scrapping the original turrets for parts and I guess I'll need to make something that vaguely resembles the force-field thing that the Serpents have. Just trying to get a feel for how hard this project will be.
    Thanks for reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

There is a customization kit on forgeworld that allows you to turn a falcon into a waveserpent. If you're good enough at modeling I think you could take some bits (sprue lengths and greenstuff most likely) and convert it over yourself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by powerclaw View Post
    It seems with the new edition being what it is GW's lazyness with their tanks is paying off at last. I have had 2 Falcons sitting around and now that I'm thinking of playing Eldar they will not remain Falcons for long. My question is whether anyone has had any actual experiance turning these things into Wavesepeants or found anything on the internet to that effect. I really don't mind scrapping the original turrets for parts and I guess I'll need to make something that vaguely resembles the force-field thing that the Serpents have. Just trying to get a feel for how hard this project will be.
    Thanks for reading!
    Is much easy to copy the energy field parts from forgeworls. you just need big soulstones.

The turrets are very easy to made

You need

- 1 round base for metal models (with the gap cut in the middle - sorry about my english - hope you understand what i am sayin here)
    - 2 same heavy weapons preferably from walkers sets or serpents sets
    - 1 part from serpent/falcon/prism cockpit that make the plastic glass movable. is in a Y shape small if you lookk at a not opened serpent sprue is the sigle Y shaped small part so is s hard to miss
    - heavy weapons side hull parts - are in heavy weapon sprue in walker/serpents/falcon sets
    - glue
    - a small wooden stick
    - green stuff

Take the weapons put the on the wooden stick. put the Y shape part between the 2 weapons. Put some green stuff to close the gap petween the 2 small parts of The Y and over the wooden stick. Glue the weapons on the stick and wait for green stuff to get solid. put the long part of Y in the round base not in the middle and glue it. cut on the base on reverse exctly in the middle so the serpent and the turret will fit together and rotate . put the weapons side armor parts. Congrats you have a turret. More green stuff can make look even better.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, what you otherwise can do is this:

Just leave it like a falcon, cut the pulse laser of, and the other weapon, and pin the two of the same weapons back in place.
    Problem solved. They look like a falcon, but it counts as an wave serpent ( and is somebody is complaining, that it just a falcon and only 6 models can be in there, just point at the fact that a falcon cant have a twin-linked main weapon, and ask him to put 10 space marines in a rhino. Which isn't going to happen ).

Just my two cents on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Niraco, I do get what you're saying. This is exactly the sort of starting point I was looking for. I don't know if I'll get the Eldar look from this since they're usually slick and neat but I guess I'll settle for a more rigid look since it's saving me $55 CAD

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    Is much easy to copy the energy field parts from forgeworls. you just need big soulstones.

The turrets are very easy to made

You need

- 1 round base for metal models (with the gap cut in the middle - sorry about my english - hope you understand what i am sayin here)
    - 2 same heavy weapons preferably from walkers sets or serpents sets
    - 1 part from serpent/falcon/prism cockpit that make the plastic glass movable. is in a Y shape small if you lookk at a not opened serpent sprue is the sigle Y shaped small part so is s hard to miss
    - heavy weapons side hull parts - are in heavy weapon sprue in walker/serpents/falcon sets
    - glue
    - a small wooden stick
    - green stuff

Take the weapons put the on the wooden stick. put the Y shape part between the 2 weapons. Put some green stuff to close the gap petween the 2 small parts of The Y and over the wooden stick. Glue the weapons on the stick and wait for green stuff to get solid. put the long part of Y in the round base not in the middle and glue it. cut on the base on reverse exctly in the middle so the serpent and the turret will fit together and rotate . put the weapons side armor parts. Congrats you have a turret. More green stuff can make look even better.

Can you explain this a lil more clear , I currently own a wave serpent with a turret MIA and am looking for a way to build one without buying one on ebay ( currently going for 11$)

and as for building the serpent force field,...use the bits that are suppose to be the crystle targeting matrix. place the crystle on the outside. then glue it on the wings like the forge world kit.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After looking through my stuff I realize that I am terribly lacking in Eldar bitz. Its one of the disadvantages of getting an army all in barter and for free. Have you guys had any luck with any bartering sites online for bitz and such? I can just see some guy out there with like 10 EML's in a box under his bed who would part with them for some money or something.

Where would I go to get the bitz for this conversion other than GW. I live in Canada so keep that in mind. This sort of site is usually catered to North America or Europe because of the logistics of shipping over-seas.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Ebay,

or I have tons and tons of eldar bits, what exactly are you looking for?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EML's mostly. If I had a few more I guess I could whip something up. I don't think this is the right place for this sort of discussion. I've found something called Bartertown and posted so we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey one suggestion for the smooth eldarlook

In a White Dwarf many years ago (maybe ten?) they showed an easy conversion. They took a plastic spoon as a weapon turret. Take a stick to assemble the twinlinked weapons on each side of the turret and put a sensor from the falcon on it. Voilà! Smooth serpent
    For the fields they used irregular hexagons made of thin "whateveryoulike" and put them around the hull as horizontal shields.

p.s.h, my god! I have to improve my written English. But on the other hand... It´s never easy to write an assembly manual in a foreign language when you hardly know the materials in your own one
    If you do not understand me, I could post a picture from the WD if you like to wait till next month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast