Parasite of Mortrex aka PoM(my) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Parasite of Mortrex aka PoM(my)

Just had a game with the new Nids and i decided for a laugh to use the Parasite of Mortrex. Casually placed in a unit of 30 Gargoyles, he and his unit made their way as hastily as possible across the board. Thanks to my mate knowing the threat Tervigons pose he wasted a hell of alot of fire on the big reproducing beasts leaving the PoM and his unit to take some bolter rounds. Luckily due to some rather poor terrain placement on his behalf, i was safe after the squads shooting. Taking minimal casualties I charged forth shooting the marines in the face, killing 3. The 7 that were left were soon set upon by the unit.

This is where it got a bit funny. PoM hit with 4 of 5 of his attacks just to roll 3 rending and 1 wound. So my mate proceeded to fail the 1 armour save resulting in 4 toughness tests. Then, with some of the strangest rolling i have ever seen my friend rolled 3 5's and a 6 meaning he failed all the toughness tests.

Now any of you who know the rules for PoM(my) know that this means i get to spawn D6 ripper swarms per failed toughness test. The look on my mates face when he found this out will sit with me forever, absolutely hilarious. He said something along the lines of, "Oh sweet jesus...broken...as...f**k!!!". Anyway, rolling each dice i got 2 fours, a 5 and a 6 for a grand total of 19 Ripper Swarms ready to tear apart whatever they can. So from 1 combat phase alone i managed to spawn 19 Ripper Swarms for a total of 57 extra wounds. I think against certain gamers they would have cried and moaned but my mate plays for the enjoyment so just laughed it off.

Anyway, I don't expect rolling like that all the time, if ever again, but PoMmy has now got a special place in my heart. While not close combat behemoths, the Rippers produced are good to bog down the enemy so I think i'll be taking PoMmy from here on in.

Mathhammer odds vs MEQ ain't very good but when me and my mate play, Mathhammer regularly goes out of the window.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Haha, nice to see you used it to good succes. Like like an awesome unit for me. Nearly got all parts together!
    Make more awesome use of him
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x2)

When i read the rules for the Parasite, that's exactly how I envisaged I'd run that unit myself. going to have to try and the Red Terror I think to use as the basis of a conversion.

and lots more rippers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by potatolegs View Post
    When i read the rules for the Parasite, that's exactly how I envisaged I'd run that unit myself. going to have to try and the Red Terror I think to use as the basis of a conversion.

and lots more rippers
    I just luv the idea of the parasite on known outflankers like pathfinders. Outflank you say, pick a guy and roll T.... awe here are d6 ripper swarms to play with! Only issue I see is trying to keep the PoM central for that 24" ripper-synapse!
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

He's not good against MEQs for sure, but against IG, Eldar or anything weaker the thing changes.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The parasite is definetly one of the coller special nids in the new codex, some very nice special rules and I just love the idea of a creature implanting ripper embryo's in it's victims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon View Post
    The parasite is definetly one of the coller special nids in the new codex, some very nice special rules and I just love the idea of a creature implanting ripper embryo's in it's victims.
    Half tempting to scratch-build one as a face-hugger. The way they leap around I do not think if modeled air born anyone would have an issue!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i knew this guy would be awesome.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by micah View Post
    i knew this guy would be awesome.
    The main reason I don't play him is that I see the Doom of Malan'Tai as being so much better. So if I have to play a cool character, I choose DoM. DoM wins games by himself, trust me on that, even without affecting units inside transports.
    However, PoM has a HUGE advantage: he's not an Elites choice.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    The main reason I don't play him is that I see the Doom of Malan'Tai as being so much better. So if I have to play a cool character, I choose DoM. DoM wins games by himself, trust me on that, even without affecting units inside transports.
    However, PoM has a HUGE advantage: he's not an Elites choice.
    For me personally it's more about the fun never know what you're going to get scenario that comes with PoMmy. I know DoM is a game winner but PoMmy now has a nickname so PoMmy will be my lead choice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Torden View Post
    Half tempting to scratch-build one as a face-hugger. The way they leap around I do not think if modeled air born anyone would have an issue!
    As for the facehuggers, i was contemplating making some myself. Was thinking on something along the lines of a Guardsmen with his back against a wall with 3 or 4 of the little guys crawling down. May even try creating a few Alien eggs for added effect. I'd probably put a Gargoyle on the top with scything talons just so everyone knows what it is.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast