Wave Serpent Model question. Keeping things simple? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x4)

Wave Serpent Model question. Keeping things simple?

Hello there,

I'm currently working on 750p. of Eldar, which includes a Wave Serpent, but I can't say i'm very fond of the six "things" at the front hull, three on each side. I'm considering just leaving them off the model, but would this prove a problem at all. The first thing that springs to my mind is that they might be representing something important, do they? The second is, my opponents might mistake it for a Falcon, even though the weapons are very different.

Thoughts?

Regards,

5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

It's a good question; they do in fact represent something. The special rule "energy field" (which is soooo wonderful and should be applied to all of our tanks) is modeled there and if you are playing WYSISWG, they are a must.

Personally, I find that they make the tank look like a crab and don't really like them, and since the people who play 40k in my area a) are pretty lax about stuff like that and b) would be happy if I actually assembled my army.

My advice is to get the opinion of the local gamers, and/or if you are extremely talented at modelling, magnet them on.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x3)

There are many threads on mods including a forgeworld kit with some smaller 'field generators'. But as long as you swap out the falcon turret for the waveserpent turret (and perhaps even have the extended hull modeled) I would say that should be sufficient. One can always argue that the field generators are embedded in the hull and such.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

125 (x4)

Thanks alot!

I'll ask around, and I think those I will get to play against won't bother too much... I hope...

Regards,
    5000p. High Elves
    1000p. Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen people that don't glue them on, and I haven't found anyone douchey enough to not allow the model. Besides, the wave serpent turret is pretty unique. It'd be hard to mistake.

On a side note, I used to not like them, but now I kinda like how they look. If you paint them with a color that doesn't blend in with the color of your hull, they stand out really well and I like the effect it adds. When they're painted the same color, it makes the hull look sorta misshapen, which is why I didn't really like their look at first.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

You dont have to but they represent the Energy field projectors.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

You could try 'flipping them around'

And by that I mean... take the pieces from the left side, and swap them with the ones from the right. This would cause them to look more like fins or blades to help them move through terrain or something... it would still represent the proper function, but look less like a crab (as stated above). I don't mind the way they look... to each their own, though.
    Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

I don't hate them per se, I just find them a little silly and out-of-place on such an otherwise sleek tank.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by rafis117 View Post
    I don't hate them per se, I just find them a little silly and out-of-place on such an otherwise sleek tank.
    I agree. When I put my first wave serpent together... it took everything I had in me to put those stupid things on.. but then after it was painted.. I thought "Hey, these aren't so bad."

Since then I've aquired a few more wave serpents.... all of which have the generators attached.
    Eldar Project Log
    Saim-Hann Eldar: 5000 Points

+ Reply to Thread