Blue Toof Orks WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Blue Toof Orks WIP

Ok guys, so I'm working on my ork army, that I have chosen to make my own clan for. They are called the Blue Toofz, and they are led by an ork that looks suspiciously like Kaptin Badrukk (I'm using the Badrukk model as my warboss). I will be posting pics, army lists, and fluff as I come up with them. Im going to do this here in the ork forum, but I will also be doing a copy of this thread on the projects forum. If the moderators don't like it, then they may delete one, I dont care, I would just like to know which one you will be deleting.

As of right now everything that I have is built and my Warboss painted.

I do not really have a goal points wise, instead, I wanna see just how big my Warboss's, who I have rightfully named Kaptin Krunch, army can get. I have plans for some conversions later down in the line and I do plan of buying a few things from forgeworld. For now, all that I can say is that I hope you all enjoy this throughout the months to come, and I will post some pics of my conversions that I have done so far, and my painted warboss as soon as I can get my camera to work.

So for now, enjoy this dancing cat ---------->

Last edited by Keetoowah; January 18th, 2010 at 03:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to seeing the army all painted up!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Yup, my goal is to have a few apocalyptic formations and weaponry in this army, the skull hamma for example. I also want to get a stompa or two and convert up a couple fighta-bomba's. There is also a stompa conversion that I would like to do. I also plan on buying at least one squiggoth from forgeworld (not the gargantuan).

As far as apocalypse formations are concerned, I have yet to buy the book so the only one that I know about is the green tide, which I already have covered. I also think that there is a shokk attack gun formation but I'm not sure. If anyone with an apocalypse book would like to tell me some ork formations, that would be awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Ok guys, I sadly still cannot get my camera to work, so I resorted to taking pictures with my phone. Sorry about the quality.

Ok, so here is my warboss, Kaptin Krunch

I will have more pictures up as I paint and photograph, and of course, time permitting, as I have finals this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy si coming along really well! Is he finished at this point?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I like to think he is, as I am very happy with him. I will probably have to come back and do touch up work as it is a metal model and I have yet to buy dull coat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only suggestion is this, and it comes from an illustrators perspective. The face is where you want to draw the attention, so put the most contrast (highlighting) and details there. I would take that skin and highlight a few stages up. Just to make it pop. I think it looks very nice though. Also get some red in there. Orks are Green which is a cool color in tone, his jacket is blue, also cool...if say his hat were red it would look great. Or some other feature. Just my thoughts. I think it is really looking nice! I am always happy to see an Ork player working to paint an army with love. Mostly I think they do not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Donelbayne View Post
    My only suggestion is this, and it comes from an illustrators perspective. The face is where you want to draw the attention, so put the most contrast (highlighting) and details there. I would take that skin and highlight a few stages up. Just to make it pop. I think it looks very nice though. Also get some red in there. Orks are Green which is a cool color in tone, his jacket is blue, also cool...if say his hat were red it would look great. Or some other feature. Just my thoughts. I think it is really looking nice! I am always happy to see an Ork player working to paint an army with love. Mostly I think they do not
    .....his feather is red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think it could use s a bit of highlighting to make the color relationship really show him off This is just my opinion anyway it is your mini and it is looking good. I don't want to be forceful or pushy, just throwing out ideas is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

I don't honestly think the green or red needs brightening. The gold teeth and monocle are really the details which draw attention to the face (in addition to looking awesome, of course).

My only suggestion at this point is to make sure when basing him to use light colors. This will help keep his dark shape from getting lost in the shadows

--•-My 40K projects-•--

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast