Good trade for a Tyranid army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

48 (x1)

Good trade for a Tyranid army?

Hey Everyone.

I'm considering picking up Tyranids sometime soon since the I've heard there are a lot of fun and nasty units in the codex...although I've heard a lot suck as well. At any rate, I'm considering doing a trade.

Here's a decent tyranid army somebody posted on another forum

-Fex: poorly painted with an acid cannon/maw. Has scything talons also I do believe. Offer
    -Gaunts/hormagaunts: a mix medly of poorly assembles/painted models. I think their are 12 hormagaunts and maybe 14 gaunts?
    -Genestealers: poorly equiped/painted. Offer.
    -Hive Tyrant: Missing tail and arms. Head is not attached. I could include his bone sword, lash whip, and two sything talons arms. Poorly painted.
    -Brood lord: Poorly painted. Offer.

He wants Marines and so far I have these AOBR units

2x Dreadnaught
    1x SM Captain.
    *10 -20x Tactical squad Marines. ( I actually don't own these, but I think I have a friend who will trade or loan them to me, and I'll buy some off Ebay later to return them.

I also have some bits like Terminator Assault cannons and Lightning claws I got off Ebay.

The main reason I'm posting this is to find out how many Marines I should throw in to make this a good deal definitely worth getting...considering the poorly painted army that I'll have to repaint and some models seem to be broken and need reglued, not to mention missing parts.

-Do you think perhaps 10 would be enough to make him bite, or should I definetely obtain 20x Marines.
    -Is there anything in this list not even worth getting (i.e. I heard Fexs aren't that good anymore cuz they're too expensive).
    -Is this trade even worth doing? I haven't pics of the models yet, but I'm hoping if the trade is in my favor I can fix them and it will still be worth it.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

I don't think you will need to offer 20 marines. For what he's offering your giving him a good deal. Since you will have to do a lot of work on the nids after you get them, and with missing parts and ect.

+ Reply to Thread