To make the Best Tyranid Warrior you.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make the Best Tyranid Warrior you....

Give them what?

Ive never used warriors before and Im making a mainly warrior and hormagaunt list.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1624791

Currently I have them with Deathspitters and scything talons, but Im thinking about going all close combat.

Is a warrior squad with boneswords and a pair of scything talons each effective? Or do warriors do better with shooting until they come close to the enemy? I assume if you kitted them out for close combat, you would run with them each turn, but do they really earn back their points this way?

I guess Im just generally asking how people have found warriors to perform best: as hybrids, shooters, or ccers, and, additionally, what builds are most points effective. Keep in mind that Im also using the alpha warrior in my list.

Thanks so much for your input, I can speculate all day in theory about statlines and mathhammer but Im looking for some rather valuable in game experience.

The Hand that guides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member soul of the brood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mathhammer doesnt work, if you think it does the dice god will smite you
    just a couple of things though, shrikes. with boneswords. they are plain scary, and thats me, the tyranid player!
    in my club, people were getting used to the footslogging nids, and with the new rules, people were more than unhappy, and we will leave it at that.
    I dont think shooting justified a tyranid warrior, they used to be better at shooting than gaunts in last edition but now there isnt much difference, but shrikes, on the charge of course get(this is if you give them adrenal glands)4 ws5 I5 S5 attacks that can potentially re-roll wounds and instant kill %50 percent of the time, and did I mention they re-roll ones? and they are hitting on a 3+ most of the time? if that isnt scary then think about that, deepsriking.....wait for it......while playing planetstrike?!??!?!?!?!? wow...
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by soul of the brood View Post
    ... that can potentially re-roll wounds...
    how's that? can you give a page reference so I can find it? I'll check the shrike rules when I get home in case its a spacial rule they have, but if I remember they are just warriors with wings
    Last edited by DJinni; January 20th, 2010 at 14:00.
    Dear Game Designer,
    Rock is Cheese. Paper is fine.
    Signed,
    Scissors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I'd never take troop choice Warriors, die way too easily. I'd take HQ if i was after a cheap slot filler. As for Shrikes though, i'm planning on running a unit or two because they are simply lethal with twin boneswords. Nothing like charging a unit of Thunderwolves and watching your opponant cry as they all die!

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

To be honest, I'd never take Shrikes... My preference with the FA slots lie with Harpy's and gargoyles... And Troop Warriors will do fine podding down from the skies...
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    I'd never take troop choice Warriors, die way too easily. I'd take HQ if i was after a cheap slot filler. As for Shrikes though, i'm planning on running a unit or two because they are simply lethal with twin boneswords. Nothing like charging a unit of Thunderwolves and watching your opponant cry as they all die!
    As a troops choice it depends on your opponent. I have found that they are pretty durable against bolters and pulse rifles. My list runs several MCs, so if my opponent wants to ID warriors, he has to redirect his lascannons and such from shooting at the MCs, which puts him in a bit of a tactical pickle.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Djinni, its toxin sacs. They grant a poisned attack, and if your strenght is greater (and possibly equal too) the opposing toughness, you can re-roll.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Djinni, its toxin sacs. They grant a poisned attack, and if your strenght is greater (and possibly equal too) the opposing toughness, you can re-roll.
    Tyranid posion glands are 4+ to auto-wound, re-roll if attacker str > targets toughness in CC.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

crud, i never knew that
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is there a viable and point efficient cc tyranid warrior build? Is 150 points too much for 3 shrike warriors with boneswords and adrenal glands?

The Hand that guides.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast