Hooray for Orks! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Cork, ROI
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Hooray for Orks!

This part of the forum is new to me since I'm an eldar player looking to move onto either Daemons or Necrons depending on release schedules. But I felt it was necessary to get this message across.
    Y'see I've always had a soft spot for Orks (who hasn't?) but the past three codices (Marines, IG and Space Wolves) to me has been a contest to see who beats up Orks the most. And I feel there can be no denying that Orks have had it rough coming up against these three armies (especially the wolves who can beat them in combat reasonably easily) what with their lack of armour and crappy psychic defence. And with blood angels coming out I foresee even more marines beating Orks in combat.

Sooooooooo having picked up the Nid book recently out of a combination of intrigue and fear (nothing quite catches jetikes as well as hormagaunts) I must say it has re-affirmed my faith in the Ork book. I haven't found a single useful invulnerable save in the Nid book, since the swarmlord only has it exactly where he doesn't need it, and to be honest, I cannot see Nids giving Orks that much trouble at all in the future.

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the recent Nid book and that you're still in the fight! And i also wanted to get your thoughts on the Nid book as Ork players.

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

I've played against the new nid codex once so far, and honestly, not much has changed. The real significant changes aren't to the units themselves or the stat lines, but the point costs and options. In short: monstrous creatures got more expensive, troops/infantry got a lot cheaper, and the number of available options have dramatically decreased. It's more of a 'take it or leave it' approach to most units, with the wargear all factored in.

The biggest changes to actual units are to hive tyrants (much more powerful in close combat), zoanthropes (warp blast is not THE most powerful anti-armor gun in all of 40k), and the inclusion of new monstrous creatures (the powerful but slow monstrous troop, living drop pods, and the 'tunneling' killing machines).

All in all, as an Ork player, I'm loading up on powerklaws, avoiding the hive tyrants (WS 1 is not fun), and keeping my strategy more or less the same as it was in their last codex.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread