Monolith Strat? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Monolith Strat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monoliths are like Land Raiders armor-wise, but no one says Land raiders are cheese- I guess it's cause of the Gate, but the Gate is a blessing and a curse. First off, you can't chain teleport- like with a VoD and a Gate. Second, like others have said, lose the Monolith and all of your reserves DIE. Third, the monolith is expensive. This is more of a problem than it seems because it is a MASSIVE point sink. While you are waiting for your reserves to become available and running from Broadside Battlesuits, they will be mowing down your troops and phasing you out. Know your weaknesses and you will know your strengths.

Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to try to deep strike my monolith in the middle of my opponents army with nothing to portal in. Thats why the lord has VoD u dont need portal after that. And if the monolith ends up being destroyed it becomes a big peice of terrain for your dudes to hide behind right in the middle of the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use an anchor (a unit of Necron models kept in cover to protect phase out) however I keep mine mobile by hiding it behind a monolith. This way too I can take advantage of the portal function to quickly bring the anchor into play. Here's a good tactic for rapid 'Anchor tossing' Start with the unit directly behind the lith. Then move the lith 6" forward.now use the portal to move the warriors to the front of the lith, and deploy 2" out. At this point you have just moved your warriors 14 inches (6" distance to the lith + 6" width of the lith + 2" deployment) now your warriors can move 6" more for a grand total of 20 inches in the movement phase. If you assault, that's a 26 inch turn. (Anchors have ALOT of rope) This tactic also has the benefit of keeping that same squad in range of the portal so you can "reel in" your anchor after your opponent has dealt it some damage. This will activate the second proponent of the Portal: Secondary WBB rolls, helping to protect that phase out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya nkow, i just picked up a lith and thats a darn good strat...well, i think...ill defanently have to use it sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you ALWAYS keep your anchor hidden, even if you don't toss it....... Being able to throw your other troops into the fight without having to worry about the phase out is always good fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One reason that nobody complains about the landraider, is becuase it does not have living metal. The fact tht sisters of battle can only kill that thing by rolling a 3 to hit, a 6 to glance, and another 6 to destroy it. With land raiders, they get the extra 2d6 to penetrate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

i love this tactic.

1. shoot with your warriors at an enemy unit closeby, and assault them.

2. in your next turn you take normal wbb rolls, and use the monoliths teleport ability and give your failed wbb rolls another chance. since the unit you teleport counts as disembarking from a stationary viechle you can shoot with the warriors and charge the enemy again! this is quite a good strat i think, but i guess many necron players use it. if you're lucky enough your squad of warriors, with firstly 3+ save and then a 4+ save and after that another 4+ save, will become almost immortal and could kill off just about any enemy, as long as they don't fall back ofcourse.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ewwww...nasty. :lol:

Actually, I'm thinking about trying something similar...don't get to shoot, but Flayed Ones would get that extra charge die. Speaking of hard to kill, it's even more insane when your enemy has a chance of only hitting your Flayed Ones on a 6+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

yeah that could work to. but don't forget that warriors have rapid fire and thus get 2 shots within 12'' it's a really devastating combo
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Closed Thread