Alien Cunning Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alien Cunning Question

Is the +1 to any of your reserve rolls a +1 to the result of your roll, or +1 to what you have to roll (ie a 5+ instead of 4+). The wording of that ability is a little odd, makes it sound like its a penalty to your reserve.

Also, since it says it is in affect as long as the Swarmlord is alive, does that include when he himself is in reserves, or only after he's deployed to the table?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

1. You add plus +1 to your dice roll. So a 3 on turn 2 would meet the 4+ requirement.

2. Going off the Eldar Autarch rules, i'd say that aslong as he is alive, in reserve or not, you can claim the +1 benefit.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

The Tyrant's and Swarmlord's bonuses count even if they themselves are in reserves. So yes, you can keep them hidden too. Gogogo DS Tyranids!
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

In reserves = alive, as Robtheguru said. +1 to the roll, not the number needed to bring in reserves. Wish I had my codex because I was wondering if the word "may" is in there for the tyrants and lictors for a better chance to bring out the trygon before a number of infantry.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Torden View Post
    In reserves = alive, as Robtheguru said. +1 to the roll, not the number needed to bring in reserves. Wish I had my codex because I was wondering if the word "may" is in there for the tyrants and lictors for a better chance to bring out the trygon before a number of infantry.
    The Swarmlord's ability says "must", while the Hive Tyrant's and Lictor's simply say "you add +1". All are to the same affect, there is no option not to. If you want to bring out your Trygon first, (or utilize Lictors to accurately DS other units) you're better without any boost to reserves rolls. Also note that the Lictor must be held in reserves, and must be on the table at the beginning of the movement phase for their bonus to count. therefore you will never receive better than 2+ on second turn, and 1+ on third turn or above.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

+ Reply to Thread