Need help against space wolves!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help against space wolves!!

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to read this, me and a friend have just recently started to play 40k I've gone for nids and he has gone for space wolves we have had a few small games and then the other day a 1k battle. I got anihalated by him, I didn't manage to take a single model if his off the board what the hell am I doing wrong?? I fielded the following force:

HQ - tyrant with; old adversary, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, toxic miasma, armoured shell and 2x tyrant guard.

Heavy support - carnifex with; crushing claws and a heavy venom cannon.

Troops - 3x warriors
    8x genestealers
    17x hormaguants
    19x termagants

my carnifex got taken straight off the board by his long fangs and most of my troops died running from cover to cover from his grey hunters and wolf guard. To seal my defeat his razorback charged straight down the board and killed my warriors defending the objective. I'm strongly considering investing in a trygon/mawloc but how can I get to him without suffrering horrific damage from his shooting?? Even in cover he took at least 5 troops a go!!

Thanks again I hope you guys can help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

For starters, take some stuff off that Tyrant. Old Adversary and Toxic Miasma aren't really worth it IMHO. A point can be made for Armoured Shell, as it REALLY helps against Missile Launchers, but with so many Lascannons and Meltaguns going around it's probably not worth it.
    Next, you need elites. Hive Guard, Zoanthropes and the Doom are all great, and you'll need at least one unit of Zoans or Hive Guard in every army. I prefer Zoans inside a Mycetic Spore myself, but that means you'll have to make your own Spore. 2 Zoans are usually enough in a unit with a Spore, or 3 Zoans otherwise.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

Grab hive commander spam with flyrants and then grab more mycetic spores with hive guard to open up tanks and take him down with close combaat units, trygons are nice at this point . If you can't afford them, then genreally hive guard iare a good choice.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    Grab hive commander spam with flyrants and then grab more mycetic spores with hive guard to open up tanks and take him down with close combaat units, trygons are nice at this point . If you can't afford them, then genreally hive guard iare a good choice.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    I'm pretty sure Hive Guard can't take Spores.
    Necron Army Building Maxima: Beware of Phase Out
    Tervigon Conversion

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

oops, overlooked that.....
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your tyrant has to much going on...

Your fex also always strikes at I1 with claws.... you'd rather avoid that scenario with all the powerfists etc they gonna have.

If your building just to beat space wolves and not doing an all comers, do something more like this...

Tyrant - hive commander

Reserves:
    Ymragil stealers - deploy next to long fangs... they can assault when coming in...
    Lictors - next to razorback

Rest is up to you, but genestealers and lictors make short work of anything SMequiv (rending)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK i played VS a space wolf and utterly destroyed them

first alway start out with some tank popping little games do not need a lot
    so 2 zoans 2 hive guard should cover any av 10 and av 14 he has (if he dose not use 13-14 skip the zoans)
    make a unit of 4 warriors with lash whips and toxin sacs the are awesome. 1 the ignore armor saves 2 the make him initiative 1 so you hit at the same time as him in cover and beat the snot out of him if he charges you or you charge him

all the hive tyrant needs is 2x scything talons and done if any upgrade i suggest electroshock grubs
    warriors can handle any group charged or if you charge next is the lairing warriors if you assemble them correctly will give your Hive tyrant with a 4+ cover save oven a zoantrope can give him cover if you turn him 90* and the hormagants the fully tooled ones will be your reapers.

first when you start the game bring lots of terrain i 40k rule book page 88 how much terrain? trust me on this lots of tarrain is fun. he will have 2 units who are realy deadly 1 the unit of long fangs witch are a real pain in the ass but with the lairing you will have minimum of a 4+cover save. 2de one is the unit of 2-3+inv save terminators best and most fun way is to just run up 12+ hormagants with toxin and adrenal make them ws/bs 1 with about 20-25 armor saves he can scrape of the whole unit other units are just food fore the warrior my MVP vs Marines has always been my warriors those bone sword lash whips RAPE every one
    dyslectic so sorry if my spelling is off

+ Reply to Thread