Tyranid Primes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyranid Primes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid Primes

So I just got done modelling a tyranid prime. I don't have any pics of it yet, but I was just interested in seeing what anyone else was doing with it. Any pics would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Well from what I gather it is effectively a glorified warrior. I don't have real ideas to be honest, although one i've put my 4 battleforces together i'll see what bits i have left over.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

For any primes I'm just going to use an existing warrior. I have a few that I modded up with extra armor and more spikey bits so those will now serve as primes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I'm gonna use a mix of warrior and ravener parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I did for mine was give it boneswords using the large scything talons, by cutting the ends off and putting it back on the opposite way so they point up. Likethat, the arms looked like they were too big, but I added 2 of the spike things from the carnifex on to them, and it looked great. I also added a few extra plates to make it look a little beefier, along with a spike on the front of it's head.

Tyr
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your prime sounds earily similar to mine...
    "Better to crush an ant with a boulder, than flick lazily at it, possibly miss, and then have it bite you in the ass." The Awakened One

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

It would be awesome if those of you who have made primes could post some pictures of them. It would certainly help my own motivation, and it's always fun to see converted stuff

For my prime I'm planing on using Ravener and warrior parts. I'll probably use the ravener head and torso and put it on some warrior legs. I'm not sure if the legs are too small, perhaps it'll look a bit strange, but i don't think so. For bone swords I'll probably make them out of plasticard and greenstuff, and just put them in the rending claws hands found in the ravener kit. Just wrap the fingers around the bone swords and I'm sure it'll look great. After that, I'll just add some nice spiky bits and extra carapace and that should do it. If possible I'll see if I can make it a bit taller than the regular warriors, but hopefully that comes for free with the bigger ravener torso. If not, I'll see if i can just extend the body between the torso and legs somehow. Whenever I make it, I'll be sure to post it here

Tyranid Primes are, in my albeit small experience, very good. They really beef up those warrior units. I usually run a unit of warriors with deathspitters and scytals or rending claws, and so far it's been working very well. The Prime really is a small beast in CC.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to be running 2 of these guys in a 500 point mini tourney soon, 1 will have the trygon arms (cause their cool) and then ill add all my extra trygon/mawloc peices into the fray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow I'll try and post a bad quality pic of mine. All I have is a cell phone camera.

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

I'm thinking about giving it something similar to various creatures in real life to make it stand out, such as special markings and a large, bony crest. Not quite sure how I'll do it yet but it'll probably involve extending the carapace on the head back a little further. Need to look further at dinosaurs and birds to finalise the idea but I reckon adding that, plus giving it a suitably dynamic base will make it look suitably different to the normal warriors.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

+ Reply to Thread