Help with Tyranid AB update! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

Help with Tyranid AB update!

=UPDATED=
    Download AB40kv2 Update

Problems Fixed
    - Bio-Plasma now costs the appropiate amount of points.
    - Genestealers + Broodlord work the way they should, no more 21 models total nonsense.

However I learned how to fix this issue from the person who's creating THE official Tyranid data file for AB (i've been speaking to him at their site) and he himself is having a problem with adding a Broodlord to the standard unit, just want to point that out.

You will notice that when you have a max brood of 20 genestealers and add a broodlord the stealer brood drops to 19 + Broodlord. However the problem is when you have anything less than 20, and you add a broodlord, he is not substracted but rather added.

So if you have 10 Genestelaers and you want to make one of them a Broodlord you have to set 9 stealers in army builder and then add the broodlord to get the appropiate amount. Otherwise you end up with 10 genestealers and 1 Broodlord.

Also note in my version the broodlord costs 60 pts. This is because i added the cost of the genestealer that you are upgrading to Broodlord status.

Any how for this update i'll simply post the link here and you all can simply go and download. You should post any quesitons or problems found in this thread here.

Also I URGE you all to visit the AB Maintainers site and cast your voice for the new Tyranid data file. It is currnetly being created and they need INPUT from us as to how we'd like it to work, here's the link:

Codex Tyranids Data File Forum

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
    3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

Its a good start. DO you know how to put the option in to make tervigons troops if there is a gaunt brood?
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

no and everyone keeps asking me lol it's a bit more complicated to get it to do that, i dont know the coding.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
    3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

Tervigon as Troops Update

- Instructions on how to use are included, you need to unzip and read the 'read me' file.

All i did for the tervigon was make a separate entry for him under troops so REMEMBER to legally have it as troops you need a termagant brood for each Troop Tervigon.

So i made a list with the tervigons and i play tested it, and OMG this army list i made is STRAIGHT UP MURDER on just about any army out there.

I tabled Tau after turn 3 with this list.
    Using my Mawloc springin up on turn 2 trick and a bunch of zoanthropes plus hordes of gaunts on the horizon approaching the pressure is immense.

However I have sat and thought about how much nastier i can make this list and i decide to remove one gargoyle brood and give all 3 zoanthrope units mycetic spores.

How nasty will that be? This will probably be my 'official' tournament list from now on. Oh and the mawloc is a great tank hunter you can pick out your opponent's tanks that are grouped together and try to land inbetween them so that the large blast hits all of them thus you get a shot at each tank's rear armour and not only that but they are forced to deal with you after.

The mawloc gets a 10 out of 10.

The gargoyles help a lot in putting pressure on the opponent with the mawlocs already in his lines and gargoyles about to strike in big waves. The only real flaw to this list i find is kill points but then again you have enough power to wipe out your enemy so you can always aim for that.

HQ:
    1 Tyranid Prime
    Rending Claws; Scything Talons
    Elite:
    3 Zoanthrope
    3 Zoanthrope
    3 Zoanthrope

Troops:
    1 Tervigon
    Stinger Salvo; Catalyst
    1 Tervigon
    Stinger Salvo; Catalyst