Librarium Online Forums banner

Is a competitive Genestealer list a possiblility?

821 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  john13 
#1 ·
I have always liked the idea of a Genestealer list. Lookiing through the new Codex I think that Genesealers have definitely been improved. Also, there are a few other units in the Codex that could be condusive to a Genestealer heavy list such as the Swarmlord. The Swarmlord allows you to reroll the dice for which table edge outflankers come on. Lictors and Gargoyles are much stronger than last edition. Also with Mycetic Spores, you can drop in crucial units like Zoanthropes or a Carnifex for anti-tank. Has anyone been able to come up with a competitive 1850 Genestealer tournament list?

#2 ·
I tihnk it can be done. I'd say head up to the Army List section and write one down. The'll be plenty of people willing to help!

#4 ·
I've actually been thinking of doing an infiltrating genestealer list. The potential to charge first turn is really something I'd like to try out, especially with gobs of stealers. The fact that there are now two sorts of stealers could really benefit this. Having dormant ymgarrls to jump out where you might need them would be very helpful, and could add something to take down harder targets. Lictors would also be a boon to such a list.

#5 ·
the fact ymgarls can assualt the turn they arrive, and they can have diff stats, make them a very cool unit, if you can spare the points then games with lots of terrarin would be awesome, hibernate behind the enemy, (very close though) and pop up, decimate them then move straight into another unit next turn, 2 squads of these and lots of infiltrating genestealers would be awesone though, i saw 2 squads take out most of a 500 point imperail guard army (2 tanks loads of men)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.