Dark Reapers, How on earth do you beat them???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Dark Reapers, How on earth do you beat them????

Dark reapers are my worst nightmare. I have an eldar friend who like 2 squads of them. Although they may not ignore WWBB, they ignore armour and easily do enough damage to knock out a whole squad.

Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Try hitting them with Wraiths or Scarabs. Dark Reapers are excellent shooters, however their close combat is decidedly poor. A fast unit that can get around terrain and tie them up (or just kill them outright) is your best bet. Otherwise you could keep a monolith in the way of your warriors, not like Eldar can really kill it reliably.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I can't put the lith in the way as his exarch has the barrage tempest launcher that ignores cover with crack shot. And as for combat he usually runs morgan'ra with them.
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Taking two blasts is better than taking two blasts and 8 shots.

Maugan Ra can only be in one place at a time. Hit the squad he isn't in with scarabs. If you need to, use a C'tan to wipe out his squad. However wraiths would STILL work to kill him, especially with a Wraithlord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarabs, a full (or near full) swarm of scarabs is quite a few eldar players' worst nightmare (that I've played) as they are very cheap and expendable and pretty much rival the eldar in physical attributes (except I).

Just rush the swarm at the dark reaper squad that is the most threatening and you should see them go down relatively easy (when you can beat the saves). It quite hard for a squad of 10 max. (I think) to survive 30 or 40 attacks on charge from 10 scarabs. Once they've finished, speed them along to the other squad. Simple

Just a personal note: One time, my scarabs cleaned up harlies, scorpions (charged them) and avengers in the same game. Could be good luck but just goes to prove that sheer numbers works well.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find using a squad of 10 scarabs works really well.
    usually your oponent will set up his dark reapers in cover, where they are most effective. so get your scarabs behind him and charge him.
    your oponent will almost always lose to the 40 attacks a full squad can throw out, but don't expect the scarabs to survive.
    if they have a warlock squad with destructor powers the scarabs are gonna get hurt. badly. and if they have a squad of swooping hawks expect your scarabs to die the turn after.
    this is personal experience from a sqaud of 10 scarabs against a sqaud of 5 dark reapers and thier exarch (with crack shot and tempest launcher [three blast templates! : ( ]).
    just make sure you surrond them

+ Reply to Thread