Tau Good Second Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i play nids and i was looking to play another army. being nids i was always cc and i would like to play a shooter army now. Tau i heard were good at this no? well wat kind of build should i have for my army if i were to go all shooter? firewarriors and robots ( dun know the names lol sry)

...accuracy by numbers...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

robots... :glare:

Maybe you should try a shooty chaos space marine chapter, like the ironwarriors or the thousand sons.
    For if one gave, he dared assert
    He knew that man was repentant
    For many a man is so hard of heart
    He cannot weep even though he suffers sorely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Firewarriors, stealth suits, hammerheads, broadsides.

In 2000 points I'd take 5 or 6 stealth suits, 2 hammerheads, 3 broadsides and whatever else I like along with around 24 firewarriors.

Chaos can be shooty, especially with defilers, and Iron Warriors are very good at it. I'd still prefer Tau for pure shooty, because you will never be tempted to put them in combat since they suck there.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a tau player myself and they are a great army, especially in the shooting phase. If you are going to collect tau you will need long range support and units that will keep enemys away from your long ranged units. A good army would consist of 2 full squads of fire warriors to eliminate enemy troops at a longer range, and some kroot to keep enemy units good in assault away from your army. For long range you might want 2 hammer heads, and 2 or 3 broadside battlesuits. For elites you most definetly want to have a squad or 2 of stealthsuits. And get some crisis battle suits for support.

Closed Thread