What Makes The Best Tau Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you guys rather have an army entirely made out of tau units (no kroot)?

Or would you have a kroot army with krootox, kroot hounds and all?

Basically would you have an army entirely devoted to shooting, or an army entirely devoted to assault?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau, all Tau, if I ever did Tau (which will be never), it will be Tau cheesed out to the max.

I like being cheezy. I call being "cheezy" being smart.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have kroot but I like never field them, rather have the extra firepower then a meatsheild. Kroot are ok, but Fire warriors are better!

sure firewarriors are 3 more points per model but
    Kroot dont have a sav - fire warriors have a 4+ save

Sure kroot have 1 more strength then a tau - I think Tau are 3 and kroot are 4
    Kroot are ok at CC but the trick is getting them into CC before being shot th ribbons. Tau have some of the best basic guns in the game for range and power and can outshoot almost any army. Kroot are a waiste of points simply put. By time they get even close to CC they are decimated by gunfire and never get the chance to show any use other then taking blows!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

The advantage of Kroot is combat, they aren't very good at shooting. Yet in combat they will be smashed by Tyranids, Khorne, probably blood angels and due to 3+ saves would have a hard time against marines.

Tau are good at shooting, and they do that very well (even know they are only BS3 which sucks <:>) I have some Kroot but they are only points filler and if I had the models I doubt I would use many in a 2000 point game.

They have been useful when a fast army reaches combat, counter charge with Kroot who are standing back a bit and usually survive a bit longer further back. I would only take 1 unit maximum though.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to use one or two units of kroot, they are low cost (I don&#39;t take shapers) and fight real nice, but I usually play against Imperial Guard .

I never take the Krootox (Heavy support slot and too much points) but I do take hounds.

Jozef

Closed Thread