Ctan Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ctan Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am curious to if GW ever clarified if fearless troops (Like a Hive Tyrant/Greater Demon) have to still make a LD test before attacking a Ctan, as stated in the codex. Granted, troops that are fearless are rarely going to fail a LD test, but I was thinking of running a squad of Pariahs that would be right next to the Ctan; making any enemy have a LD of 7. This would mean that a Greater Demon would have a LD of 7 and would have to roll under this and if failed, would have to just sit there like a big wuss

The Entries for the Ctan are quite specific as to how some of their powers affect fearless troops, etc, and the codex has been out for 3 years with no addition or clarification regarding this innate ability, unless I missed it.

Anyone seen or heard different? :ninja:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, now that I look at it, I see where your confusion lies; heh, it's also throwing me through a loop. It's that one phrase "Any unit" that's throwing us off. In my view, however, I'd say that Fearless troops are still able to assault the C'tan, because don't they pass all Leadership tests automatically? It works along the same lines as the Flayed Ones' Terrifying Visage which does not affect Fearless troops. Additionally, I see no mention of it in any Necron FAQ, so my opinion would be that Fearless troops don't have to take a test to assault the C'tan.

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats a good questation Mrblow. Fearless troops are not "fearless"any more. Now they take wounds if they fail any tests, so maybe now if they fail they like take some wounds but still get to assault. So I don't think anyone can give you an answer, at least a correct one :mellow:

Closed Thread