Decided to dive into the green tide - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to dive into the green tide

so i am 100% committed to joining the ranks of the green tide. i found a local hobby store with a good following of players and now all i need to do is finish my army. so far i have

Ork warlord ghazghkull thraka x1
    Ork Warboss X1
    Ork Nopbs x5 (black reach)
    ork boyz x13
    ork trukk x1

i have about 90 dollars more to spend so i am trying to find the best bang for my buck i am awaiting my ork codex so i do not know anything about anything yet lol.... i am not asking for point values but just some extras that i could add to my army. i know its not much but i am just restarting 40k (use to play dark angles years ago). i love painting models so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there, welcome to the ever increasing WAAAGH! I'll start off where i'm sure most people will start off and ask what kind of ork army are you looking for? Mostly there are two types, horde army which is just a green tide of troops, or a speed freaks army of trukks & battlewagons? Also what is your style of play are you looking to go competitive, fun guy, or a mix of the two? Are you trying to go for a strictly fluff army, or whatever wins? I feel like i'm repeating myself, so i guess i'll just finish with this. Tell us a little bit about what you want from your ork army and theres plenty of us here on LO that can make some suggestions on your style of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks shabang. well i really like the speed freaks style. and i would like to play more fun for but wouldn't mined winning once in a while lol. i don't mind not adhering to the fluff either. but i really dislike the lootas models.. but i dont even know if i can make a decent army with out them.. i am pretty sure i can but not positive. so in short

1: i like speed freeks
    2: a mix of fun and competitive
    3: whater models work (would like to not use lootas.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Welcome to the Tide! Fortunately the Freeks are considered the more competitive orks and you have a good start on models.
    Obviously Freeks will require more trukks/wagons. You can fit 11 boys in a trukk, so that should work well for you- another box of boys will provide you with a stronger core of boyz, the backbone of 99% of ork armies. Important here though is that you get a nob with a powerklaw in each boy unit. This is considered a requirement for an effective ork unit.
    A good purchase for you would be the Ork nob box. You'll get 5 more nobz (completing your original 5 into a good unit) plus 3 powerklaws and a load of other cool bits for minor conversions.
    Ghazgull may be a bit overkill for such a small force but could be used as a meganob if you feel like buying a few more meganobz as a unit. They're also great in a freek list as they're so slow that a transport is a necessity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

You can fit 12 boyz in a trukk, not 11

+ Reply to Thread