Good Idea or Not? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Idea or Not?

A couple of friends and I want are talking about playing kill team sized armies and I want to bring two armies. One is going to be a csm army and the other will be a necron. For 160 points, should I even bother with the 'crons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

lol .. Well you sure won't need many models. take 1 lord and kit him out with wargear..
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the rules for a "kill team army" a 'cron lord cannot be used, b/c it has more than 1 wound. I am running with 4 immortals and debating on whether or not to just take pariahs instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Pariah's would probably be better in this case, since the immortals will just get swept and the WWB is pointless anyways, the pariah's have some more umph in CC.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For kill teams, pariahs are a much better option, particularly CC wise as it will get the job done once it has inflicted the wound (after all, only single wound models are being used). As said before, WBB is not all that useful in small units. So you might as well take the +1 S, +1 I and warscythe instead.
    Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played several games and I can now report that this is one area the 'crons excel at. Fielding 4 pariahs worked perfectly well against ig and eldar. Four Immortals and a Wraith suffered slightly against the Eldar, but it put those frakking guard back in their place

+ Reply to Thread