Nids Vs Thousand Sons Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, any strategy on playing thousand sons? i can usually win against other armies but i have 0 wins against 4 thousand son players. ill usually have my termies go in front, and my death gaunts following behind, but my hormies get shot at an angle by the other squad of SM. then when i get into cc they have 2 wounds each.... i brought 1 squad of 9 down to 5 before all my gaunts where dead. but i did flank my tyrant ,fex , stealers and thropes to the right. killed a rhino and dreadnaught then assaulted a squad. i wiped the swuad out easy then another tactical squad. by the time i killed the second squad all my gaunts just died. so all that was left for him was 9 termies and 5 thousand sons. 9 termies went through my army like nothing. ne tips?

...accuracy by numbers...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implant attack does 2 wounds instead of one. translation= instant death for the thousand sons

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

instead of using deathguants, use just leaping scythers to allow yourself more gaunts. outnumber the crap out of them and just keep making them take saves. and as nyra suggested. a couple tyrantsd with wings and 2x st with implant will be invaluable.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

the best thing against thousand sons = leaping warriors with rending claws, scything talons and implant attack
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe, i play thousand sons allot, the guy i play takes 2 defilers, 2 squads of sons, and loads of horrors and screamers...not to mention his uber kick ass lord,

things i learnt about thousands sons, if a thousand sons player is lucky with his psychic powers, ie bolt of change or the other one that turns you into a chaos spawn (i cant remember the name) theres bugger all you can do about it but take it on the chin,

1/ i wouldnt use termies against thousand sons, hell i wouldnt use termies against anything besides maybe say fighting another nid player -_-

2/ as others mentioned use leaping gaunts, to close in, and tie him up fast, i prefare death gaunts against marines instead of normal hormies, cause for that extra point in cost you can do so much more damage

3/ Winged hivetyrants, with implant attack work wonders, against thousand sons, i often use two winged hivetyrants to both pick on a unit each turn.

the only other thing you may be able to consider, is risky (i aint tried it yet but in theory it should work) place some infiltrating stealers with implant attack around an area, close to his deployment zone. out of sight but 12 inches away, and stick a lictor in there aswell, hopefully if the lictor can ambush the squad, your stealers may get to walk up not getting shot at, or even assualt on the first turn if your lucky...

Well thats my advice, GOOD LUCK&#33;
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your opponents should make mince meat out of those Gaunts......Salamander has the idea (out number them)&#33;

I like using Spinegaunts - 5pts (Nothing but spinefists = Lots of gaunts) Out number them really quickly&#33; Then you go to your opponent when he see&#39;s you in a 1000pt game with almost 200 models&#33;

Genestealers W/ Implant attacks are usually good Vs. TS armies.

Hope that helps&#33; :thumbs_up:
    Some people are only alive because it&#39;s illegal to shoot them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t know about you guys, but one of the reason I use deathgaunts is I only have 45 hormagaunts models... I&#39;m not about to drop another 200 bucks just to fill out my leaper selection...

Same reason I don&#39;t use 200 spinegaunts... I bought my collection off of ebay for a reason
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...ard0.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Clarkdobbs112@Sep 8 2004, 08:27
    I don&#39;t know about you guys, but one of the reason I use deathgaunts is I only have 45 hormagaunts models... I&#39;m not about to drop another 200 bucks just to fill out my leaper selection...

Same reason I don&#39;t use 200 spinegaunts... I bought my collection off of ebay for a reason
    [snapback]209704[/snapback]

ohh yes, some people should be rich and they must have 6 arms cause, how time you need for painting 200 models ..... i spend one week for painting 16 models (if i paint everyday) .. so i need 12 weeks (all the day at home) for painting 200 model ... ...

IT´S A JOKE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, taking lots of cheap gaunts is pointless against thousand sons scotty, you need leapers, and you need something str4, against Thousand sons, why is very simple, i use spinegaunts to take damage&#33; thats there purpose, throw them at a unit of sons, and they will get slaughterd, even if the sons are hitting last, spineys just dont have the power to take them down, the thousand sons are just too durable
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Closed Thread