Wych Cult Vs Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going up against an IG Armoured Company :/
    AC seem over-powered to be honest... though I'll have to play them to make sure
    3rd Edition rules btw

Anyway...

Since they have no troops I was thinking around:

A lightly armed Archite with Haywire Grenades (saving on points) accompanied by one of the Wych Raider squads...

6 Wych raider squads... 5 troops each with 2 blasters and HGs..

3 Ravagers with DLs

3 Jetbike squadrons with blasters

and erm... any points left on raider squads..

Planning on charging with the raiders.. and hopefully haywiring his tin-cans all the way back to hell.

He's going to be penetrating my skimmers like a hot knife through butter

I was thinking of maybe deep-striking the ravagers... but the turn they come on they only shoot 1 weapon ... and they wont be available for the first turns of shooting....

I'm in need of ideas.. any help appreciated!

sgel

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're using 3rd Ed. rules, try parking unwanted Raiders infront of things that you don't want to be shooting at you, eg. Tanks, heavy weapons squads. Also, once you're in assault, the game's in the bag unless you're left out in the open, then you get shot to crap.

Also, if it's a small, enclosed map use Raiders as walls to seal off routes. Then he will be stuck and since IG don't have any units that can move and ignore terrain.....he'll be boxed in and you can fly over the walls with raiders and jetbikes and ravagers!
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to remember - if you assault a vehicle without a WS value, your wyches can still be shot at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I really like your army list. 3 ravagers is great.

I see you have an archite. Maybe a haemonculus pumped up would be better (what I am using)

Tons of wych squads yes. I don't know about having blasters in there, but I guess its good to weaken up those tanks before assaulting(even though you cant)

blasters on bikes... I like that, run them towards those tanks and have a bike squad support those raiders. Kill ANYthing that can kill the raiders (well, kinda anything... literally) heheh

I like your army list, and I think you'll do fine. How many points is this army list anyhow?

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop one of the ravagers and add in a talos or two as they can eat through tanks and you can put them in aWWP so they don't get shot.

Also give everything a nightsheild because if you don't get first turn then these will really help against most things (maybe not a basislisk but still)

and if the basilisk is out of range then you've got a long range to go to get to the tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe I think all the ravagers are needed against those pesky grey knights.

Take out squads every turn.

incubi

wait a second wrong army.
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the replies...
    The games went well... we were planing on playing one game but it ended so fast we played another

I mostly went with the army I posted above...
    a cheap Drachite with HG, 6 Wych squads on raiders 5 each, 2 blasters in each squad, 3 squads of bikes with blasters and a succ with HGs, 3 Ravagers and a couple of raider squads with a blaster each.

He had 9 tanks in total each with LOADS of guns.. each had a big gun like demolisher,battle cannon and vanquisher cannon and 3 "small" guns like plasma cannons, lasscannons and heavy bolters.
    And here's the best part... they all had Machine's God Blessing.. which I didn't know about before the game... it basicly renders the Dark Lance's ability of reducing armour to 12 USELESS...... yup... seriously disturbing ability.

We first played the one where his army is supposed to be retreating and I was going after it trying to anihilate it.
    He got to play with half his army, razorwire, tank mines etc and I got to play with 2/3 of my army... well it was all over by turn 3
    Assaulted on turn2 and haywired his stuff all the way to hell
    I lost a few units but nothing serious.

I felt kinda bad so we agreed to play another mission of his choosing... and we played Cleanse. He positioned a single tank up close to the middle which forced me to place everything in a corner VERY tight up, and he put the remaining 8 tanks at the opposite corner aiming all his batle cannons at me!
    Well first turn his shooting was a bit far off... killed a raider and anihilated another... yes ANIHILATED together with it's crew/passengers and making me take LD tests..
    I charged full speed trying to get behind cover as many raiders as possible only to realise that hull-down is USELESS against skimmers since hits glance ANYWAY, if you moving... pah!
    I assaulted the first tank on turn one... thanks to a 12" assault combat drug result.. but the others were quite far away... My shooting was useless... couldn't get enough 6s.
    Turn 2 of his shooting he managed to do some kind of damage with EVERY single tank! Well thakfully his shooting wasn't that good for the remaining turns and I got to assault a few others get at the side of some and shoot them with blasters... I lost ALL raiders... all wyches but 5, 2 ravagers and 8 jetbikes... but managed to win

My favourite moment was when he tried to tank shock my Drachite who was left with 1 wound from a Heavy Bolter shot and I went for Death or Glory... and managed to get a glancing hit and a 5 on the damage table destroying it!!
    Well done Drachite!!
    Another funny moement was when 3 wyches that were left from the raider his destroyed in the first turn, ran,fleet-or-footed all the way accross the battlefield and into one of his tanks killing it!

All in All good game... But I must admit taking all that firepower each turn and having 17 Dark Lances not being able to return the favor is quite frustrating!

sgel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice job i must say as i my friend i play a lot has AC and it is a killer to deal with.

the machine god blessing does suck a lot but it seemed you did well

as long as you focus on the objective as AC rarely moves than you will have it in a bag

Closed Thread