First Killa Kans painted--can I sell them? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

First Killa Kans painted--can I sell them?

Hey Everyone!

I don't know if this a good idea or not, with the soon to be released plastic Killa Kan kits, but I recently came across some pretty sweet deals for Metal Killa Kans. I decided that since I got them for pretty cheap, I could try to paint some and resell them on Ebay, hopefully at a higher price.

So, first I want to know Do you guys think this will work? I've seen quite a few "pro-painted" killa kans go for $40++ on Ebay. I'm not nearly that good I'm sure, but I was hoping to get $20+ or at least $15 so I could make a small profit after everything was said and done. I got 9x of them for just under $12 a piece, including shipping

Not sure if any of you guys are Ebay experts or have a knack for selling things, but perhaps you could give me some helpful advice or at least some critiques to help my painting skills or odds of selling these on Ebay. (i.e I was kinda thinking I should Base the Killa kan to help the value increase.

At any rate, here is the link to my current Ebay auction...with a kustom Grotzooka

40k Painted Ork Killa Kan with Grotzooka - eBay (item 180473381652 end time Mar-02-10 17:25:58 PST)

Updated pics. I consolidated them down into 1 pic with 4 views. I have 2 Kans completed now with basing. I may do additional painting on the basing though. Would love to get more opinions!

Last edited by Darkzephyr; March 2nd, 2010 at 06:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

Yeah. I think they look good. So based on price I would buy them. Shame I'm not in the market for anything right now.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

It looks a little glossy for my taste and to sell them for a good price you'd wanna make sure they have a number of good painting techniques. Also a good base will double what its worth in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I think it might be a bit glossy because my GF was using flash when she took the pics.

So, I guess the best question I should ask right now is...what price do you think I could reasonabley ask for selling the Kan as it is. And what price could I ask if it were based? I basically bought a bunch for $12 each (including shipping), so as long as I make an extra $5 per Kan, I would be decently happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Okay, I got them based to improve the quality and overall appearance. This is my first time basing a model. Lmk what you think!
    Hope they look better now!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

arnt Kans sopsed to be on a dread base if soo that will keep them from selling

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

From a lot of experience, I'd say you might make a profit, but it wouldn't be much, and you might not make any money at all. It's probably not worth the trouble. Even when nicely painted, warhammer/40k models rarely ever sell for their full retail price. The usual sale price (without a nice paint job) is about 60% of the retail price. You might get higher, but I'd say it's iffy.

Of course, you could always buy them for yourself. They are very sweet models.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be interested in purchasing. I actually need two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that unless you're REALLY good the models will cost less without any paint at all. If anything you could probably buy them painted for cheap, strip them, and then sell for more. I always ask for less on painted models unless its a fully painted army.

+ Reply to Thread