Burna boys Tak - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burna boys Tak

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

Burna boys Tak

Well i have Hearedalot about burna boyz from friends of mine wanting to use them and some people hear seem to like them so im going to throw down my 2 cents.

Pluses
    is one of 2 at inisutive power wepons in the codex the other being Zagsuck who i wont get started on hear.
    uses a template not haveing to roll to hit is nice for shooting.
    can get a half way decent sized unit.

negitives.
    They lack a transport witch means your eather eating up a hevey slot so they can get a ride or kicking a unit of boys ot of a truck.
    Low inisutive like most of our army we are slow on the hole hitin stuff quickly thing.
    you eather shoot or assult with power wepons not both wile this keeps things fare it makes my power gamer inside cry.
    Lack the ability to get a nob and there for tank poping is out.

So how do you use this unit well let me first say competively you dont there are just to many other good choises out there to take over your poor pyro Orks. But in friendly games they are alot of fun first takeing them on foot is just a bad idea they will get shoot to death and never get to have any fun. So how do you take them well one way is to steal a truck with a unit of 12 basicly take a unit of boys and give them the boot and tell them to go sit on a objective somewhere wile you run around and light stuff on fire. Another is The looted wagon with skorca this eats a hevey slot but your boyz keep there truck. and my Fav is the 15 burnas in a battle wagon with a Kff mek with burna hook the BW up with a deff rolla and you have a rolling anti infantry monster that 30 man guared unit or huge gaunt unit yea even other orks should run in terror from this thing heck it is even enopf to make terminators shake in there boots basiclly what you end up with is a strong vehical with a 4+ cover save that you tank shock with geting D6 Str 10 hits and then it spits out 16 flame templates so if you do it right it is how ever many modles you hit with the template x 16 well if that happens to be 8 guards man that is 8x16 witch is 126 hits well i dont know about you but that is alot.

So that sounds awsome how do i do this competively? That is easy use kombi skorcas on nobs yea you only get to use them once but they will make your opponents big bad unit Cry

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

First forget Burna Boys. Unless in a city fight or thick jungle they aren't worth it. Most of the time they would be dead before getting to the lines without transport. Of course you can only transport them in a Battlewagon or looted wagon. Looted wagons and Battlewagons can be used to transport better units. Like tankbustas. I use my open-topped Battlewagon all the time to transport my Tankbustas. It's a very killy combo.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

tank bustas tanbk hunter rule makes them un viable for torny play just like burnas there are better things you can take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

My list never consist of burna boys. Most of the time tankbustas, deff dread, and 3 killa kans.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Burna boyz have the same problems that flash gitz do, in that they can't take a powerklaw, bosspole, or a dedicated transport, and they're not very useful without them. When taking burna boyz, a transport is basically mandatory in order to get them within effective range, but that uses up a heavy slot, or steals a trukk from a unit of boyz.

Still, their numerous templates and power weapons are useful, but I find myself taking shoota boyz and lootas far more often. They fill the same niche, and they're a lot more effective, especially since the lootas can deal with transports, and the shoota boyz can claim objectives.

When using burnas, this is how I set them up, along with their transport:

6 burnas w/3 big shootas and 3 burnas [90 points]

Looted wagon w/big shoota [40 points]

For 130 points, that's 12 big shoota shots a turn and 3 burnas to either use as templates or power weapons.

Still, in a competitive setting, there are better units to take.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tinytim84 View Post
    tank bustas tanbk hunter rule makes them un viable for torny play just like burnas there are better things you can take

Just a note, they do not have the "Tank Hunter" ability. That would actually make them much better. They have Glory Hogs which is probably what you mean.

I like Burna Boys but they are a tough unit to use well. That being said...I haven't really used them well yet But I really want to! I think they could potentially rock a unit of terminators though....provided they got the charge. At least you can get rid of that armor save. I have not tried that before but it seems logical to me. And nids or IG likely do not like them much either.

And with that being said....I always hear everybody say that Lootas are the best unit ever. And frankly...I never hit enough or kill enough to justify their points for me. A large unit of Boyz is worth the point of either of those units IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i love my burna boys. I very rarely can't find the points to take them.
    I generally run 12 in an open topped looted wagon with a skorcha. thats 13 templates on any target i get close enough to. Occasionally they will be used as power weapons against termies with all power fists or my favourite necrons. Even using the templates against a squad of marines it's not hard to make him take 30-40 saves if he isnt careful about his positioning.

love em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'll pop Burna Boyz in from time to time as a poor man's unit of Nobs, they just need a Warboss with a PK and bosspole to babysit. Trukks are a waste of time, Looted Wagons are even worse, so all they're left with is a Battlewagon. They can do lots of damage with their burnaz, more than their power weapons usually, so keep them inside the BWagon and light 'em up. On the charge they can surprise people, but I3 really isn't that great.

They're very specialized like Tankbustas and have a lot of things going against them, but they can be fun to try every now and again. If I wanted to be competitive I'd use ==My== marines.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Trukks are fantastic for their points, and as long as you keep them obscured they survive just fine. The only problem is that burnas can't take one. If they could, then I'd use burnas more often.

When I do use burnas, I give them a looted wagon, because burnas in a battlewagon eat up for too many points. I'd rather use nobz with combi-scorchas and normal nob options. That'll do a lot more for you than burnas can, and they can take a dedicated transport to boot.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Meh, obscure 'em all you want, but Trukks still die to a stiff breeze. That and the impotence of 12 man boyz units means Trukks rarely feature in ==My== army.

Looted Wagons are just as bad, AV11 open-topped isn't much better and the off chance of doing something stupid hurts even more.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast