Librarium Online Forums banner

Dual-weilden' Shoota boyz!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Vazzaroth 
#1 ·
What is LO's prediction in regards to most player's reactions if I used Dual Weilding Sluggas for about half of my shoota mob?My Deff Skullz army took a turn for the shooty that I didn't predict back when I assembled my first boyz mob with Sluggas and Choppaz (They will now by my 'Ard Boyz at least) so recently I've been itching for some shootas. The thing is, I have a ton of AOBR ork torsos and legs around that I can easly do some sergery on to have to 2 pistols. My plan is to make a mob of 20-30 with only purchasing 1 boyz box.Would many players have issue with this? What about tournys? I may make some of the pistols a little extended to account for the extra 6" that shootas have, but other than that the weapons are pretty similar.

#2 ·
In a friendly I'd be perfectly okay with it. However, I don't think it would be tournament legal, they would look more like slugga boyz even though they don't have a choppa.

#3 ·
Personally, I'd say it has to deal with how many of them have duel sluggas and how many how shootas. My shoota boyz have 5/6 with a shoota, but every so often I have one with two sluggas. I also run about half my shoota boys with a shoota and slugga, because they're AWESOME like that. (And the arms didn't fit very well)

#7 ·
I use dual wielding slugga boyz as shoota boyz, and I've never had any complaints at tournaments. In fact, it's the easiest way to get shoota boyz. Take cheap old viking Orks (the ones that all look identical, with horned helmets and axes) and/or Assault on Black Reach Slugga Orks, clip the guns off half of them, and the hand weapons off the rest, and then switch them around. Now half have 2 guns, and half have two hand weapons.

#9 ·
Some might say since its 2 weapons its closer to Sluggas though. Also, pistols are pistols. I would mix and match. You can also make a bunch with shootas and empty fists raised high by cutting off the axes. They'll look crazy and appropriately terrible marksmen.

#11 ·
I don't think anyone would care, even in tournaments. But if you did some extra customizations like ==Me== then they would not only be ok, but they would prob look better then your shoota wielding shootas.

#15 ·
Ooo, I like that one.
So far, the issue is that I ran out of Right arms... Although I did clip off the tip of a few sluggas, glued on a shoota barrel, and made the other arm pumping, with great effect. (The AoBR boys I was maiming to make these shoota boys had alot of crap on they're bellys and some couldn't hold a shoota in front of him correctly.)

Good news is, I made a full 8 boyz out of bitz I had, with a nob and a big weapon thats a whole squad. Maybe I'll post pics when I get some batteries for my camera soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.