5th edition Blood Angels and how to deal with them - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th edition Blood Angels and how to deal with them

Alright, just fyi I'm a blood angel player, and there is a big debate right now on Sanguinary High Priests and the buffs they give to the army. They are apparently able to give feel no pain and furious charge to squads within 6 inches of them as well as being able to be split in the squad. So you buy three but place them throughout the army, like Wolf Guard.

Now then, my question to the Tau Generals here is how would you deal with this besides complaining that it is broken as one of the Tau generals has in the corresponding Blood angels thread?

I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBludgen View Post
    Alright, just fyi I'm a blood angel player, and there is a big debate right now on Sanguinary High Priests and the buffs they give to the army. They are apparently able to give feel no pain and furious charge to squads within 6 inches of them as well as being able to be split in the squad. So you buy three but place them throughout the army, like Wolf Guard.

Now then, my question to the Tau Generals here is how would you deal with this besides complaining that it is broken as one of the Tau generals has in the corresponding Blood angels thread?
    Cant say I am overly bothered by it, FNP cannot be used against Plasma (AP2) and furios charge is only any good if they get in charge distance. Any half decent Tau player wil not let valuable units get in CC anyway. Any assault is always carried out on foot so screening tactics work well as does keeping FW's in Devilfish and XV8's have the mobility to avoid CC's.
    I have not seen the full codex yet but I am not overly worried by anything I have heard.
    I love the new BA models though, the Sanguinor, examplar is probably the most enigmatic model GW has produced for a fiar while and I love the wings on the new models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, the main problem that we've been hearing is almost all of the squads can have a high priest in them, so you're looking at nearly 40 marines with feel no pain, just saying
    I serve my master and do as he wants. He wants the badlands, thus they will be his.
    -Shriva the Damned

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBludgen View Post
    Thanks, the main problem that we've been hearing is almost all of the squads can have a high priest in them, so you're looking at nearly 40 marines with feel no pain, just saying
    Do you have a link to confirm this? If not, these claims mean nothing until the codex is released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can not link to warseer as of their rules and regulations.
    But this page has it : http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...w-codex-5.html

As confirmed as these guys can get. You can take sanguinary priests in up to 3 per elite choice and they are independent characters, able to be placed like the old zoanthropes. you have to read through them all...but this is all in there...-_-
    Last edited by SirBludgen; March 12th, 2010 at 06:26.
    -Shriva the Damned

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Cool, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its an impressive ability, no doubt

but this doesn't change how tau players are guna handle Blood Angels. we'll handle them just like any marine army

1) shoot them with plasma(duh)

2) don't get into charge range(duh)

CC armies like might not like it, but we aren't a CC army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing I see being a real problem is any army list with excessive assault marines or supercharged rhinos/razorbacks. Makes those first few turns even more crucial for destroying said units before they can speed their way in through our shooty units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is going to point us in a new direction of mobility. Shack those pathfinders up somewhere safe and perform the dance of the skimmers. Hammerheads do seem a lot more survivable in this kind of environment compared to broadsides.

I'm interested in getting piranhas even more now. fast skimmers that help with board control could help here. As a personal style, I wanna go heavy flechettes. Even with a 3+ save and FNP, 5 flechettes is nothing to shake a stick at. It's an expensive unit, but it sounds like a good time.

edit: also, it might be helpful to have your kroot assault these FNP squads. If it is caused by the IC, then allocate attacks to him first (hounds will probably help here, as they strike early on). After the rest of the marines tear through your squad, you can freely shoot at them with whatever you have that isn't AP 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Bluesystem; March 12th, 2010 at 23:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesystem View Post
    I think this is going to point us in a new direction of mobility. Shack those pathfinders up somewhere safe and perform the dance of the skimmers. Hammerheads do seem a lot more survivable in this kind of environment compared to broadsides.

I'm interested in getting piranhas even more now. fast skimmers that help with board control could help here. As a personal style, I wanna go heavy flechettes. Even with a 3+ save and FNP, 5 flechettes is nothing to shake a stick at. It's an expensive unit, but it sounds like a good time.

edit: also, it might be helpful to have your kroot assault these FNP squads. If it is caused by the IC, then allocate attacks to him first (hounds will probably help here, as they strike early on). After the rest of the marines tear through your squad, you can freely shoot at them with whatever you have that isn't AP 1 or 2.
    clever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast