How would one deal with multiple FNP units? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would one deal with multiple FNP units?

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if some of you could help me out on this.
    Given all the hype about supposed massed FNP units in the new BA codex and the fact that we don't seem to have a lot of weapons capable of ignoring FNP, how does a 'cron player deal with FNP units?

This isn't just limited to BA, this can extend to other units such as plague marines, nobz and etc. But what I'm really after is how would you deal with multiple FNP units? Are there reasonable setups of weaponry or units that are capable of dealing with FNP with ease?

Discuss.

Many thanks in advance!

Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
    Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
    Skaven still being assembled

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

In the Necron army? Not so much. Only the following units, really:

- C'Tan
    - Tomb Spyders
    - Lord
    - Pariah
    - Heavy Destroyers
    - Monolith Particle Whip

Target priority and focus fire will be very important. Concentrate on single units at a time with everything you have, with enough shots they will go down, but this will be difficult. To put it in perspective, 20 Necron Warriors rapid firing at a squad of FNP T4 3+ Space Marines will on average kill 2.22 of them.

Since an armies with FNP units are typically assault based, lure them out of cover towards you and use Monoliths to drop pieplates on them. Mop up any survivors with Destroyers. Should any reach your line and assault, Tomb Spyders make great (and cheap) speedbumps that ignore FNP/Armour saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

My favorite solution to tough units like that is to jump a tomb spyder on them. FNP units tend to be expensive, and may not hit terribly hard. This makes spyders, which are cheap, tough AND hit hard, a great counter for such things.

Another answer I find generally hilarious to FNP is a Lord, though the Combat Prowess of the Blood Angel units may put him down before you can dish any pain out, most FNP units I encounter are I3 at most, so there isn't as much of a problem there.

After that, if you can deny them cover and drop a Monolith Template, they should take it pretty harsh, even if they get the FNP the loss of an armor save will definitely set them back.

+ Reply to Thread