Da Blazin Sunz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Da Blazin Sunz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Da Blazin Sunz

Hey guys after sleeping on it for a while i have decided top aint my orks in a unique way instead of the plain evil sunz colors. i thought a darker orange color would be cool looking so i was wondering if you guys have any experience with this color. And of course after the rusting and wear and tear and a darker shade it will pop just enough. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you asking how to paint orange? Wouldn't that be more of a painting question then an ork question?

I think orange and orks goes well enough and since most armies are red and some others yellow its also rather unique. I paint orange either from brown or from red depending on what the other colours in the scheme are. For the Tyranids I did back in the day was Bestial Brown->50:50 Orange/Brown->Orange->25:50 Yellow/Orange. Really simple and fit with Leprous Brown really well.

For my Fire Dragons I wanted something brighter and cleaner so I used just orange over black and then highight with progressively more yellow. The edges are pure yellow in a thin coat.

For the orks you'll probably want something quicker and I think straight orange and then highight for as long or as little as you like would look fine. Orange is nice because it highlights great and has enough coverage to stand on its own...unlike that damn yellow. Grrr.

+ Reply to Thread