Arts of the Red Harvest: Pitched Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Wisconsin/Minnesota, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

Arts of the Red Harvest: Pitched Battle

Hello Again Servants of the Star Gods!

Welcome to yet another arc of the Arts series. For the next couple of weeks we will be discussing the Deployment variations from the main rulebook.

First off, the most straight forward and simple of the Deployments, Pitched Battle.

When deploying, what sort of decisions do you make? How does the positioning of your forces alter depending on the force you are playing, and how does the opponent you face alter your deployment?

2. Remove Advertisements

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

The only decisions I have to make in a pitched battle is....Deploy far away, or are they GUARD or tau where charging them is ok. Also if charging, objectives towards front, if trying to hang back (orks, etc) objectives towards back.

Oh and MONOLITH always to the FRONT. Scares all armies, I'll also hide my deceiver right behind the monolith to be out of line of site. Then I move the monolith to the side, and get my deceiver in there quick.
    Last edited by Dark Trainer; March 21st, 2010 at 17:25.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

+ Reply to Thread