A few questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few questions

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    162 (x3)

A few questions

I'm a part of a tournament group that meets up regularly, I don't collect tyranids and I'm just wondering about a few things...

1. Can genestealers infiltrate? what upgrades have to be given to allow this(there was a broodlord involved I believe if that helps)?

2. What upgrades can be given to tyranid warriors? (rolling 6 to hit automatically wounds, re-rolling 1's to hit, a tyranid prime with no armour saves allowed against it? etc)

3. Do you have to roll for scatter for trygon and mawloc arrival?

4. Do only zoanthropes and hivetyrants have options for psychic powers?

5. what's this s10 assault gun called. Can't remember what creature carries it.

Thanks in advance!

If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

(Un)Official LO Map Maker Cannibal God's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

162 (x3)

Oh, should have explained, heaps of players collect tyranids in the group and I'm just trying to get some ideas.
    If someone helps you, rep them.
    In a votewar you don't vote on a single match, you vote on the entire round. Got that?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal_God View Post
    1. Can genestealers infiltrate? what upgrades have to be given to allow this(there was a broodlord involved I believe if that helps)?
    They can, no upgrades are needed with the latest codex.
    2. What upgrades can be given to tyranid warriors? (rolling 6 to hit automatically wounds, re-rolling 1's to hit, a tyranid prime with no armour saves allowed against it? etc)
    Loads, and I think it'd be again forum rules for me to post all of them here. Needless to say they have a large variety of options available to them.
    3. Do you have to roll for scatter for trygon and mawloc arrival?
    Yes.
    4. Do only zoanthropes and hivetyrants have options for psychic powers?
    Nope, Tervigons and Broodlords also have powers.
    5. what's this s10 assault gun called. Can't remember what creature carries it.
    Rupture Cannon, carried by a Tyrannofex.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

It should also be pointed out that the zoanthrope warp blast is S10 assault, but it does sound like your refering to the T-fex and its cannon
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rerolling 1's and insta wounds on 6's is just a warrior with scything talons and rending claws. And ignoring armor is a prime with a bone sword. That answers your warrior example, For a full list of warrior upgrades your going to have to hit up a codex. I'm sure we could list them without the point values, But your better of reading the codex anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x3)

If you face a lot of warrior brood, just keep in mind that they have a ton of options but cannot be a complex unit beyond one in the brood taking a big gun. The rest are restricted to having to be equipped the same.

CC options are (not going to list points for individual options):
    Scything talons allow attack re-roll of 1s if a single pair, and re-roll all missed if two pair
    Rending claws are.... well rending weapons
    Paired bone-sword wounds cause insta-gib on a failed LD check using 3d6 regardless of toughness (eternal warrior does work against it)
    Adrenal glands give furious charge
    Toxic sacks give 4+ poison weapons
    Awaiting FAQ to see how much of that upgrades stacks as most can be taken together.

Rupture cannon is a double-tap weapon with AP enough to kill an ork, battlecannon strength, and can reach across the short length of the table. Only available to to leman russ priced tyrranofex.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torden View Post
    Awaiting FAQ to see how much of that upgrades stacks as most can be taken together.
    It doest require a FAQ. Tyranids have always been able to take large amounts of upgrades and have them all stack. And in this case you are referring to tyranid cc weapons and wether or not they can use them all at the same time. The answer is a resounding yes. It says in the codex in black and white that tyranids do not use close combat weapons they use there teeth and claws. And all close combat weapons taken merely augment the teeth and claw attacks.

Example. I merely have to have a lash whip in my possession to gain the initiative modifier to anyone in b2b, I dont have to hit you with it. I just have to have it. I just have to have a bone sword to ignore armor, I can have it sheathed and never swing it, but all my attacks will ignore armor as long as I have it in my possession.

All of the CC weapon selections are worded exactly like this, simply having the item confers its ability to your base attacks, you dont actually have to use the weapon to get the benefit, Just haveing it is enough.

Having large amounts of "wargear" for tyranid units has always been the staple of the nid codex, The base units are very simple and have many options in which to customize the unit to fit your taste. Part of the strategy of nids is to not break the bank on each unit and maintain a balance.

Sorry for the slight derail, The easy way to look at this is it worked the same way in the last codex and the one before that why should it need a faq now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal_God View Post

You still need to roll to wound with rending weapons... A roll of 6 on the 'to wound' roll counts as a rend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakear View Post
    It doest require a FAQ. Tyranids have always been able to take large amounts of upgrades and have them all stack. And in this case you are referring to tyranid cc weapons and wether or not they can use them all at the same time. The answer is a resounding yes. It says in the codex in black and white that tyranids do not use close combat weapons they use there teeth and claws. And all close combat weapons taken merely augment the teeth and claw attacks.

Example. I merely have to have a lash whip in my possession to gain the initiative modifier to anyone in b2b, I dont have to hit you with it. I just have to have it. I just have to have a bone sword to ignore armor, I can have it sheathed and never swing it, but all my attacks will ignore armor as long as I have it in my possession.

All of the CC weapon selections are worded exactly like this, simply having the item confers its ability to your base attacks, you dont actually have to use the weapon to get the benefit, Just haveing it is enough.

Having large amounts of "wargear" for tyranid units has always been the staple of the nid codex, The base units are very simple and have many options in which to customize the unit to fit your taste. Part of the strategy of nids is to not break the bank on each unit and maintain a balance.

Sorry for the slight derail, The easy way to look at this is it worked the same way in the last codex and the one before that why should it need a faq now?
    preaching to the choir. Unfortunately I have heard the RAW counter-argument and there is enough that a lot of precious gaming time could be wasted debating the rule.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

+ Reply to Thread