Biomorphs Of Gaunts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As i have been reading through all these posts and topics i have come across a whole slew of different biomorphs of gaunts. death-gaunts, scythe gaunts, sliceguants, devogaunt, and the list can go on. Most of them i can figure out by just reading the codex. but some are still eluding me. so heres the million dollar question johnny! If you guys have a gaunt name can you please explain it? :mellow: even if it is a name of your own design. That way myself and others included ,aren't staring at the screens scratching our heads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this question has been answered a couple of times, check past topic posts

Alot of them are obvious, and others/most of the rest are found in the biomorph gaunt section under the examples

Most people ive seen use 2 main gaunts:

Spinegaunts: lots of them to get some lasgun shots off but mainly to scare him throwing 40 spinegaunts at him so they all die but absorb alot of fire

Hormagaunt: A Scything talon leaping gaunt, mainly a hormagaunt, but with biomorphs added or subtracted based on who your fighting.

For example, if your playing necrons you might want to drop the initiative gland and trade it in for toxin sacs, but its your call.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think i coined the name sliceguant around here. thats what i call my basic scything leaper. its jsut the guant+leaping+scything talons=9 points. i like to ahve more gaunts then beefed up gaunts, since they all die just as easily. and face it, thats what guants tend to do! thats just my opinion, but have found that this or uzi-99's personal favorte, the adrenguant (adrenal glands +I, leaping, and scything talons) seems to be the best.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Salamander@Sep 10 2004, 19:29
    i think i coined the name sliceguant around here. thats what i call my basic scything leaper. its jsut the guant+leaping+scything talons=9 points. i like to ahve more gaunts then beefed up gaunts, since they all die just as easily. and face it, thats what guants tend to do&#33; thats just my opinion, but have found that this or uzi-99&#39;s personal favorte, the adrenguant (adrenal glands +I, leaping, and scything talons) seems to be the best.
    [snapback]210871[/snapback]
    i have deathguants these babys have wings , st +1 , ws +1 and i +1 , cost loads but i like to deep stike them with my garoyles and wing HT , it a very nasty combo that can pop up behind there lines lol :rolleyes: :ph34r:
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by nottoc@Sep 19 2004, 14:45
    these babys have wings , st +1 , ws +1 and i +1 , cost loads but i like to deep stike them with my garoyles and wing HT , it a very nasty combo that can pop up behind there lines lol
    --- For the points and time spent on converting them, I&#39;d much rather just take/make more Gargoyles&#33;

While Your expensive winged Gaunts strike down and do nothing for a turn, the Gargs are at least getting to shoot with their FBorer... And since You can afford more of them pointswise, they can afford more casualties.

And it&#39;s as easy and cheap to convert a Garg as it is to convert those winged Gaunts of Yours.

But personal preference... I just don&#39;t consider Winged Gaunts cost-effective. With the exception of Gargs, of course&#33;
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Closed Thread