Librarium Online Forums banner

Tervigon Frustration

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Lord Ramon 
#1 ·
I'm posting this because I just learned of all the potent combinations involving a Tervigon, and I'm very frustrated that there isn't a model for it yet. I wanted to ask everyone if anybody has heard of any rumors, news, etc. that GW or Forge World will release a Tervigon model? In the meantime, what models are people using as proxies that are being approved (given that the tervigon is a monstrous creature). I know we can build one, but I don't want to go through all that time and money just to have somebody release a tervigon model the second I complete my scrathbuilt one. I've been burned by GW too many times to fall for that one again. -Jay

#2 ·
Heh, my assumption is that Forgeworld will eventually put out a kit (probably a conversion kit) for the tervigon and one for the tyrannofex.

I'll be really amazed if we don't see a Forgeworld mycetic spore, unless GW is doing one - but that seems unlikely without FW testing the waters.

Also expecting a Forgeworld kit for warrior lashwhips and boneswords. That's be a simple thing, like the IG equipment sets they made.

#3 ·
Tervigons are wonderful, I completely destroyed my two carnifexes and remodeled them into tervigons. I figured Im never gonna run a carni again so what the hell right?.

Ill bet most people you play against would be fine with you using the carnifex model as your tervigon, some might argue base size but if thats the case just swap out the trygon/mawloc base and you will be fine. (u actually gain a slight advantage with the bigger base size as well)

Yukon

#4 ·
Technically no one can argue bases because the description just says monstrous creature which means 60mm. The Trygon kit iover-ruled that following the BAB of "using the supplied base." It is actually the opposite that several conversions, including my own, use the 120mm oval for the base which is not a standard monstrous creature base.

This is one reason I wish GW would follow Privateer Press and the stat listing actually gives the official base size.

#5 ·
Well, there's not really a standard "monstrous creature" base anyway. Daemon Princes are on 40mm bases. My old Eldar Avatar only came with a 50mm square base for whatever reason. Greater Daemons get played on 50mm square all the time. Whereas Bloodcrushers come on 60mm bases despite not being MC's, and presumably Thunderwolf Cavalty would too (based on Canis's model). And like you pointed out, the Trygon has an oval base. More and more of the monstrous creatures that get new models get the 60mm base (see old Wraithlord vs. new Wraithlord) but it's far from universal, and there's certainly no rule about it. The only definitive rule about bases is the "base it came with" rule, which can't really be applied if there's not a model to begin with. I can't imagine most people would say anything about either base size, but if they do, there's not really any basis for objecting to either the 60mm or the oval.

#12 ·
thanks guys, yeah the crushing claws are just built up upon the arms you get in the kit; just cutting off the larger claw part and elongating the forearms with GS. wack on a couple (or three) claws and then add extra GS for moulding detailing and the armour plates on the top of the arm.

#13 ·
If you look carefully at the Tervigon picture on page 52 of the codes, you'll see that it has a lot of similarities with a Carnifex. Just buy a Fex, using 2x Scything, and make it fatter in some way, to represnt its sacs full of little Nids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.