Drachites and Archites? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drachites and Archites?

I've seen a few references to Drachites and Archites around here. I know what an Archon and Dracon are, but I dont see these other two (and a few other units I've heard talked about) in the codex. At least not the Codex PDF I have... I'm just starting with Deldar and I wanted to know if there was some sort of supplemental codex or something I'm missing?

I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a 2nd edition Dark Eldar Codex that changes allot of things. The cover should have a white 2nd edition stamp on it.

It adds those 2 units, changes the wyches weapons, adds vehicle upgrades, and some wargear. You really should try and find the second edition codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I see. I heard Dark Eldar were still 2nd, but the one I have is labeled 3rd. I'll look into that.
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Don't get 2nd edition mixed up with 2nd printing. The codex was first released in 3rd edition, it then was re-printed with all the Wych Cult units, changes in points and vehicle upgrades. This 2nd printing is recognized by having a white stamp on the upper corner of the codex - if you codex does not have a white circular stamp on the cover (you'd know it if you saw it) then you have the 1st printing, not the latest printing (the white stamp one).
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vazzaroth View Post
    Hmm, I see. I heard Dark Eldar were still 2nd, but the one I have is labeled 3rd. I'll look into that.
    You have the codex in PDF form (post 1) and its labelled '3rd?' I don't understand this at all.

As Kwi says, there are two seperate things going on here.
    One is that the 'Rules' (as in the Big Rules Book) is now in its 5th edition or 5th printing.
    The Dark Eldar Codex is now in its 2nd edition or second printing.
    That is for right now.

But when our beloved race was first released the Big Rules Book was in its 3rd edition and the codex (obviously) was in its 1st edition and whilst the 3rd ed Rules were still valid and current we got an update to Codex Dark Eldar - the rest is history.

So you will need to purchase the 2nd edition of Codex Dark eldar to play the modern game properly - along with a printout from the net about the Errata and FAQ's.

Hope this is clear for you, cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say the codex is 2nd or 3rd edition, I mean it came out when the Big Book was in that edition.

Either way, Mine does not have the white stamp (Ive seen them on pics of the book on e-bay) so whatever I do have.. its not that new one I guess. It's been helpful.
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:

+ Reply to Thread