How are you doing against SW? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    How are you doing against SW?

    The title says it all. I run into nonstop Long Fang / Lascannon, TL plasma razorback spam and the list is very powerful indeed.

    My mechanized eldar get demolished which is no surprise to me. I have 3 out of my 5 tanks disabled in some way by turn 2, and slogging eldar don't make it very far down the field. I've since started running a hybrid list comprised of a firing line, and some deepstrikers to some success but it still feels like an uphill battle.

    As for my Nids, oh how I love to have them instead of Eldar when facing SW. Genestealers are absolute murder to their silly little firing lines and im thinking about making a list with 3 squads of them just to pull out anytime I face SW. My MC's all die in the process of crossing the field but my hormagaunts and other lil ones go largely ignored until they reach the tasty treats on the other side. I even have had great success with a small unit of winged warriors one game which completely baffled me as I thought for sure a 3W T4 model would be a magnet for heavy weapons fire.

    I can safely say, nids have it alot easier than most of the other races when facing that kind of list.

    Last edited by BooGs; March 30th, 2010 at 22:37.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    I am a free man! number6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Village
    Posts
    4,941
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    786 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by BooGs View Post
    I even have had great success with a small unit of winged warriors one game which completely baffled me as I thought for sure a 3W T4 model would be a magnet for heavy weapons fire.
    I haven't yet faced SWs with my burgeoning Tyranids army, but this comment is very insightful. Much ado has been made about the loss of Eternal Warrior when the new codex came out, but truth to be told...
    Quote Originally Posted by BooGs
    I can safely say, nids have it alot easier than most of the other races when facing that kind of list.
    Tyranids -- more than any other 40K army -- only functions as a whole. Isolated units, considered and/or played in isolation outside of the context of an entire army list, are easily destroyed.

    Loss of Eternal Warrior should be greeted as A Good Thing by all 'nid players. (I know I do!) This means that Warriors have a reduced threat level, and enemies must carefully balanced shooting up the MCs or insta-gibbing the Warriors. In the right combination, either choice should be fraught with perilous consequences for the opponent.

    It sounds like you, BooGs, have a good balance that is working. Maybe your big bugs are getting slaughtered, but your "less powerful" Warriors are making it to the enemy lines as a result ... and they are still plenty strong to inflict serious carnage.

    And I'm sure the reverse would be true if they decided to kill the Warriors instead of wounding the MCs, too.

    Nice work.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

  4. #3
    jy2
    jy2 is offline
    Hive Fleet Pandora jy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    5,068
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    ReputationReputation
    797 (x8)

    As both a Space Wolf player and a Nid player, I must say that the wolves are one of the few armies that frighten me. Rune Priests with Jaws just wreaks havoc on my carnifexes and tervigons, forcing me to change my entire game plan. Murderous Hurricane do the same but to my swarms. Grey Hunters are damn good. They'll shoot down my genestealers and beat down the rest of my gribblies in cc. Finally, long fangs are just too damn cheap for their own good and just murders my TMC's or warriors if he spams them. The little guys just can't do much against his transports after he wipes out my big bugs. My wolves normally don't have too much problem against nids.

    On the other hand, my wolves normally have lots of problems with Eldar. I hate Runes of Warding as they more or less shut down my Rune Priests. I also hate wave serpents and holo-fielded fire prisms. Of all the armies I have faced, normally chaos marines and mechdar gives my wolves the toughest battles. The new nid codex is good and balanced and better suited to handling the new mech armies, but it's not dominating. Wolves are just one of those few armies which give it trouble on a consistent basis.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    2 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    As both a Space Wolf player and a Nid player, I must say that the wolves are one of the few armies that frighten me. Rune Priests with Jaws just wreaks havoc on my carnifexes and tervigons, forcing me to change my entire game plan. Murderous Hurricane do the same but to my swarms. Grey Hunters are damn good. They'll shoot down my genestealers and beat down the rest of my gribblies in cc. Finally, long fangs are just too damn cheap for their own good and just murders my TMC's or warriors if he spams them. The little guys just can't do much against his transports after he wipes out my big bugs. My wolves normally don't have too much problem against nids.

    On the other hand, my wolves normally have lots of problems with Eldar. I hate Runes of Warding as they more or less shut down my Rune Priests. I also hate wave serpents and holo-fielded fire prisms. Of all the armies I have faced, normally chaos marines and mechdar gives my wolves the toughest battles. The new nid codex is good and balanced and better suited to handling the new mech armies, but it's not dominating. Wolves are just one of those few armies which give it trouble on a consistent basis.
    Interesting how we have the exact opposite experience hehe... I'm curious as to what type of list you were facing when against Eldar as i've drawn blank after blank trying to feild a list that can deal with Wolves.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts