In help in making a Snakebite mob work :D - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

In help in making a Snakebite mob work :D

Howdy!

In wanting to be different, I decided to make my orks Snakebites. Now, I want to follow their "fluff" as much as possible, but this will lead me to a bit of trouble against opposing tanks (AV13/14).

I have a few ideas ...

1. Warbosses and nobz with a power klaw - Will paint the whole arm in the same color, and make it look like a snake. It'll pass for being a "blessing from gork and/or mork".

2. The Battlewagon - I was planning on fixing the main body on top of a stegdon, basically making a cheap squiggoth. It will still follow the rules for the battlewagon in the codex. The forge world ones are nice, but I don't own a gold mine ;D

3. Bikers - Was thinking of placing the orks on cold ones from the dark elf range.

I could just go with saying certain things were "looted" from the battlefield.

Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Snakebites all have rust covered weapons and are grungy looking, all the weapons look like they have been scavenged from the battlefield. Snakebites use tanks they just tend to paint them like their favorite totem animals.

The look I'm going for is basically everything is so badly damaged and rusty that surely they must be blessed by gork and mork for them to even work.

Good ideas regarding the conversions, would be interesting to see the outcome

Slaaneshy
    Last edited by Slaaneshy; April 3rd, 2010 at 20:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Good ideas all around.

I had ideas of making a Snakebites army that could pass as an O&G force in Fantasy, using lots of Gobbies, spear chukkas as kannonz, boarboyz as bikes, and so on.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I've found that the Orc charriots from fantasy can work well for buggies with rokkits to help cut down armor. I'm also building a bigger chariot to use as a transport trukk. A wyvern from Orcs could be a good fighta-bomba, or you could have orks riding on flying terrasaurs from lizardmen as deff coptas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanchadith View Post
    I've found that the Orc charriots from fantasy can work well for buggies with rokkits to help cut down armor. I'm also building a bigger chariot to use as a transport trukk. A wyvern from Orcs could be a good fighta-bomba, or you could have orks riding on flying terrasaurs from lizardmen as deff coptas.

I love it!

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LeapingLizard76 View Post
    Will paint the whole arm in the same color, and make it look like a snake. It'll pass for being a "blessing from gork and/or mork".
    I don't know about this. I don't think mutations are something Orks exhibit as a general rule. Unless you meant that you'll paint the Klaw like a snake, so it becomes a mechanical tool with some mystic significance. In this case, it sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LeapingLizard76 View Post
    Bikers - Was thinking of placing the orks on cold ones from the dark elf range.
    Why not just use boars?

+ Reply to Thread