Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have found 2 figures, both of which have the word genestealer written across the metal bar that slots into a slotter base.
One of which is holding what looks like a microphone... and looks somewhat human, with a hooded dress/ space suit and a space age lookin backpack.
The other looks more like a tyranid, with a hunched back 3 arms(one of which is clawed.)
They are both holding some sort of pistol.
And here is a nice fuzzy picture of them;
Could anyone tell me anything about them? as I know little about nids.
Those two are Genestealer Hybrids. The one with the robes and the microphone is a Magus, fourth generation Hybrid (fancy psyker type). The other is a second generation Hybrid. The Hybrids are created by Genestealers who have been sent out to distant planets as scouts for the Tyranid Hive fleets. They capture people and implant them with their own DNA. The person comes under the control of the Genestealer brood and works with them. Any children this person has will be half human and half Genestealer, a Hybrid. As generations pass the hybrids look more human.
The purpose is to create a large enough brood, known as a Genestealer cult, to attract the Tyranids with their psychic signal they generate. The cult will be subconciously controlled by the Tyranids to go mad and unleash civil war on the world they live on. This makes it easy meat for the invading Tyranids.
Thanks, but why is one holding a microphone?
wants to lay down some phat raps. these are old models, made during 1st ed 40k, aka Rogue Trader. a lot of the models had goofy additions, that make little sense now, but were totally rad back then. i guess you just want your Magus to be able to give shout outs to all the hybrids he's controlling
makes genestealer invasions a pretty slow process
Last edited by potatolegs; April 5th, 2010 at 23:58.
On the back of the microphone one there is a very well painted picture of a tyranid bursting out of a human, that got anything to do with anything?
The following taken from Lexicanum, the page is found here for more info about genestealer infsetations: Genestealer - LexicanumAnd there you have it! Usually at the 5th generation the genstealer cult reaches a critical mass and attempts to take over the world.* Purii - Purii are the most recognisable kind of Genestealers and one of them starts the infection cycle. They can infect members of other species through an ovipositor for genetic material located within their tongue. As the infection and infiltration spreads, the first genestealer takes the role of Patriarch and often grows larger than a typical Purii specimen.
* Contagii - Infection Generation - Are the "hosts", members of another species, that have been infected by the "Kiss of the Purii". This causes them to forget the circumstances and the infection itself. As they return to their own societies they begin to have an urgent need to find a mate and to begin a family. The mate also becomes a Contagii. The Contagii are physically indistinguishable from other members of the species, making them the perfect infiltrators. The infection makes them fanatically loyal to their offspring, and to their Patriarch, which typically will re-enter their life all too soon.
* Maelignaci - 1st Generation - As the contagii mate, the genetic material they were infected with passes onto their offspring. The maelignaci are very alike pure Genestealers, possessing many times 3 or even 4 arms. However they are unable to use their host species technology or weaponry. Within the cult they generally regarded as expendable shock troops. They are very clumsy and slow.
* Hybrid - 2nd Generation - The offspring of the maelignaci bear more resemblance to their host species. However no one would be fooled, and they are also unable to use technology.
* True Hybrid - 3rd Generation - The members of this generation could be mistaken for a member of their host species if they wear disguising clothes, or appear in shaded areas, etc. Some of them are capable of using weapons of their host species.
* Primacii - 4th Generation - The Primacii are indistinguishable from members of their host species. Still many sport some tell-tale: many are bald, or something else. Their loyalty always lies with the Genestealer cult. Some rare individuals of this generation have psychic powers and take an important role within the cult as a Genestealer Magus.
* Purii - 5th Generation - Paradoxically, the Genestealers DNA reemerges and the cycle can begin anew, as new Genestealers have the potential to become new Patriarchs in other worlds.
Straight fluff For The Way!
Last edited by Hive Fleet Ruina; April 6th, 2010 at 10:41.
Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog
Microphone guy is a 4th gen. The microphone is part of a vox-caster type affair. He was meant to be part of a command group.
No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!
really? back then they didn't really have command groups, especially so for the genestealer cults. magus'sesssses were just stand alone psykers.
its a model from the time period where there were ork models rocking mic's as well and i think i even remember one or two with guitars.
where in nz are you based, out of curiosity?
Yeah, that's the orks. The 'stealers were always more sinister. I very much doubt that he was modelled with musicality in mind. There may not have beencommand groups, per se, but there were command models. That often stood around together. So, yeah.. I'd stick with vox-caster type affair over DJ Funky-Hybrid.
No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!