Kroot hounds - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kroot hounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot hounds

as some of you may know I have never dipped into the Kroot as a troop choice but I have been thinking of adding some to my current army list.

I have a bag of about 20 I picked up years ago that my oldest son wanted to paint but they are all warriors.....so I have NO hounds.

I went into GW on saturday to pick up some hounds only to find that they are £8 for a pack of 2!! this blew my mind!

Anyone know where to pick 'em up cheaper.....can't find any on ebay at the moment!!

Or anyone ahve any ideas what I could convert as hounds that would be cheaper?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

Did you try amazon.com by chance.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Maybe try to convert some from some spare regular kroot? It'd take a fair bit of cutting and green stuff, but I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

You could pick up the plastic Chaos Hounds from the Fantasy range. I was willing to pay the ridonkulous prices because I loved the models and am too anal and lazy to have tried to do anything else. But there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with the Fantasy Chaos Hounds as-is ... and they're way cheaper.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    You could pick up the plastic Chaos Hounds from the Fantasy range. I was willing to pay the ridonkulous prices because I loved the models and am too anal and lazy to have tried to do anything else. But there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with the Fantasy Chaos Hounds as-is ... and they're way cheaper.
    yeah mate! just seen these and they look like a good bet....as do lizardmen cold ones.....although they could be a bit too big??

I had a look at the kroot hounds and I wasn't really into the model that much to be honest #6.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex View Post
    yeah mate! just seen these and they look like a good bet....as do lizardmen cold ones.....although they could be a bit too big??
    Cold ones are a bit too big if you want to continue mounting on 20mm bases. Though, admittedly, even the Chaos hounds will be tough to limit to 20mm bases. But cold ones are definitely larger models in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex
    I had a look at the kroot hounds and I wasn't really into the model that much to be honest #6.
    To each their own!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

eBay. not the most reliable but its worked for me
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold ones are a bit too big if you want to continue mounting on 20mm bases. Though, admittedly, even the Chaos hounds will be tough to limit to 20mm bases. But cold ones are definitely larger models in general.
    oh I was thinking that hounds were based on the longer cavelry type bases but just realised they are on 20mm round bases!! DOH!!

Chaos Hounds it is then!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

This is the way to go - i bought 2 lots of ebay. so thats 20 hounds for the same price 4 hounds cost in GW (2 boxes)

I have the tau hounds to and tbh i prefer the choas warhounds - they look so much nicer and better once painted.

i have 10 metal and 10 plastic - get the plastic as they fit better on the 20mm bases. - you can get about 3 of the 4 legs on.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

+ Reply to Thread