Advice on dealing with Seer Council - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on dealing with Seer Council

So, I was at a game a few weeks ago when I ran into the dreaded Eldar jet bike seer council. These guys ride jetbikes, have witch blades, and a rerollable 3+ invul save due to the far seer's fortune ability. In combat against my command unit this led to him negating 9 (!) power klaw hits thanks to being able to re-roll his saves. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x3)

lots of shooting IE the dreaded burna wagon 15 templates will make anything cry basicly drive up and tank shock them with ur deff rolla then lay down a template with witch you will most likely hit 7 guys witch times 15 is 105 hits around 50 wounds an about 12 missed saves witch is a dead seer counsel unit and if you want to be a git run 2 of these units

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I've had success against the Eldar with Lootas. They have good range, high enough strength to cause instant death to their characters, and enough shots to bring down nearly anything, even a 3+ invulnerable save.

If you don't like that, then 20 shoota boyz in a battlewagon work well. Ride up, disembark, shoot the crap out of them, and then assault.

In short: DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! ^_^
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

Well a seer council drops like flys to an ork army and will only kill about 1 squad if lucky. Just dakka them with shoota boys and watch them drop like noting. Also they have a 3+ save and 4+ invulnerable. So in essence he cheated with the 3+ saves againts the might CLAW as he should only be getting a 4+ reeroll.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Produced Music<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Donations Welcome$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Hope they fail fortune and shoot the crap out of them.

That's all you got, really.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I love the shoota idea...3+ saves are meaningless to me really. 120 dice can fix 3+ saves.

There is really very little 30 slugga boyz have to worry about either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You'd be surprised. A full jetseer council with fortune up (3D6 pick the 2 lowest to cast, you can't stop it) has 3+ re-rollable saves, more than a few S5 AP4 flamers, jetbike movement, and all their weapons wound on a 2+. They can either BBQ entire slugga mobs, or charge them and whittle 'em down with No Retreat! Seer Councils do horrible things to Orks, and really our only chance is to pour enough firepower in 'em to fail some saves, ideally if you get 1st turn and can shoot them to hell.

For reference, a Shoota has a 1/54 chance of causing a wound to the unit. A Deffgun has a 5/162 (roughly 1/32) chance. That's just for 1 wound, out of 13. 120 dice from Shootas would cause 2.22 wounds.

Even if a full Slugga squad managed to shoot (30 shots) and charge (unlikely give they are jetbikes), that would be .56 kills from shooting, 9.26-10.19 Orks dead, and 2.64 Eldar killed. Orks lose by 7-8, most of those die from No Retreat and it repeats. The Eldar getting the charge is more likely, and with their tl shuriken catapults, flamers, and Doom they will most likely destroy the mob entirely.

To be fair, this unit costs around 700 points fully equipped, but since they can practically take an army on by themselves it can be well worth it. They have problems with psychic defense, but since Orks don't have any they are free to run roughshod all over da boyz.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

Remeber this game is about dice. I once gave a squad of 6, 8 wounds and killed all but the farseer and he quite right away XD. But again opponent can roll ridicules and not lose one entire game. Just shoot em up and watch them die. Besides why do people get sluggas when shootas are far better as you get more attacks on charge as you get 2 turns of shooting plus charge so 7 attack a model instead of 4 which you can lose since our bad initiative.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Produced Music<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Donations Welcome$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Keep thinking that about sluggas...it will keep my opponents offguard.

+ Reply to Thread